Job Responsibilities : Skip Tracer Specialist
Salary : $16 per hour
Company : Yamaha
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Associate Degree
- Investigate, research, locate and find new customer/collateral leads, using advance skip tracing techniques. Maintain and document information.
- Review and assign accounts for repossession. Obtain updates, approve fees from repossession vendors and act in a timely manner upon them to maximize recovery efforts.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls for past due and charged-off accounts. Collect and negotiate payment arrangements to cure delinquency.
- Assess the market value of the collateral, recommend recovery of the collateral (if applicable), assist with voluntary surrenders and settlements.
- Assist with right to cure notices, notice of default and other customer correspondence.
- Process referral forms for attorneys and vendors.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures. Comply with all state, federal laws and regulations with regards to appropriate contact/conversations with customers.
- Build solid professional relationships with the repossession forwarders and other internal departments.
- Provide assistance to other Specialists, Administrators and execute multiple tasks given by Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Strong knowledge of FDCPA, FCRA and multi-State repossession laws
- Strong skip-tracing techniques, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines with accuracy, act quickly in decision making by using good judgement and adapt quickly to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Strong conflict management skills. Ability to handle difficult conversations, have patience and ability to manage stress
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)