Job Responsibilities : Clinical Pharmacist – Telecommute in Latham, NY
Salary : $110000 per year
Company : Optum
Location : Remote US
Landmark Health part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Provides ambulatory pharmaceutical care services including but not limited to the evaluation interpretation and management of medications to improve the outcomes and quality of healthcare to patients using value-based therapeutics. The activities entail collaborating with providers and other multi-disciplinary team members and applying medication management strategies in alignment with evidence-based medicine.
Ensures the safe and effective use of medications for Landmark patients by providing medication therapy management including medication reconciliation assessing for optimal drug product selection dosage regimen design effective administration and drug therapy monitoring services. Reviews inpatient and outpatient drug therapies when appropriate and works with Landmark clinicians and multi-disciplinary team to find alternatives when needed to ensure the best care possible is being given and to maximize clinical and financial outcomes.
If you are located within Latham NY you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in disease state management programs targeting chronic conditions such as diabetes heart failure COPD and other diseases through collaborative practice agreements (dependent on state-specific regulations)
- Appropriately manage assess and/or recommend evidence-based medication therapy based upon the patient’s clinical needs for optimizing care outcomes and reducing any potential patient safety problems (i.e. drug interactions suboptimal medication regimens high risk medications etc.) as a part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Design implement assess monitor and document therapeutic plans utilizing the most effective safe and economical medication treatments
- Provide concise applicable comprehensive and timely responses to requests for drug information from patients and health care providers
- Provide education to patients and/or caregivers regarding medications and chronic disease states
- Contribute to and support market-specific and pharmacy-related quality measures
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of performance/quality improvement and patient safety activities with the Landmark Team
- Share expertise by coordinating and providing educational presentations to Landmark multi-disciplinary team
- Complete required continuing education credits and submit pharmacist license renewal to State Board of Pharmacy on time
- Engage in professional development to maintain and enhance knowledge of clinical standards of care relevant to Landmark Health’s patient population
- Prioritize level of care based on critical needs and perform home visits for patients as needed
- Some travel required
Reports to the Manager of Pharmacy Operations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctorate in Pharmacy (preferred) or Bachelor of Pharmacy
- License: Licensed pharmacist within state or eligible within 60 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination and boosters when applicable prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- PGY1 residency or Board Certification
- 2+ years clinical pharmacy practice experience
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information
Below are the physical requirements which are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Vision abilities include close vision peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Below is a description of the work environment that the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Will require regular travel to patient homes for visits as needed
- Noise level is usually moderate
To protect the health and safety of our workforce patients and communities we serve UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination including boosters as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum . Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.