Job Responsibilities : Law Firm Accounting Manager
Salary : n
Company : Law Office of Cynthia Hall, PLLC
Location : Remote US
Accounting Manager – Law Firm (Part-Time Remote and Independent Contractor or Employee Option)
Why Work with Us?
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a growing business with a variety of services be part of a team of happy friendly and caring people who enjoy laughing while working together and focusing on high-level service for our clients and feel valued and important.
Our firm culture is welcoming warm and focused on interpersonal relationships with each other and our clients. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds with diverse personal interests and we appreciate each other’s differences. As one of our team members stated – “This is a fabulous place to work” and as another stated – Working in our office is a lot different than where I worked before – I feel valued for my input and appreciate the focus on helping me grow with support for education and training. And given the nature of this position it is one that can fit within the right person’s life-style and personal and professional goals.
You would be valued for your hard work and efforts and welcome to join us in our team-building activities during work days (such as watercolor painting parties – yes it’s fun – and next month we plan screen printing) – we would coordinate remote participation.
This is also a great opportunity for someone to change his/her/their work-life from a stressful environment with a lot of demand to one that is more relaxed more friendly and more collaborative and with others who would appreciate your perspective.
There is also an opportunity for growth in the position and promotion as the firm grows as you expand the scope of the position or if you outperform our expectations for the position all through your initiative and knowledge base.
We are a dynamic consultative and enterprising law firm seeking to add an experienced part-time Accounting Manager to our happy highly reputable and growing team. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a growing business that is expanding its current base of services and has plans to develop other areas of professional service that will help our clients and be interesting for everyone on our team. You are the right person to join us if you enjoy working collaboratively with others – you would work closely with the firm’s owner bookkeeper and outside CFO to develop internal accounting procedures policies and processes in addition to the daily weekly and monthly responsibilities of accounting and financial reporting matters; overseeing and coordinating client invoicing with our Billing Assistant; coordinating with our Billing Assistant to track employee time reporting and prepare related reports to track efficiency and to assist with budgeting; preparing and updating near-term and long-term cash flow budgets; and preparing revenue and expense projections among other related tasks and responsibilities.
Our firm-wide team includes both attorneys and CPAs along with our valued administrative support staff. We provide high-level estate tax business planning and reporting services with an advisory approach to our work. In addition to the traditional work of preparing estate documents and tax returns with varied daily work we counsel clients on both personal and professional planning needs. Our clients are individuals and business owners who look to us for counsel on sophisticated tax estate and business planning needs along with related tax compliance needs including tax preparation and representation. Our objective is to help others live better financial and personal lives and it is through this lens that we take pride in our work for clients.
DOE – Part-time / Remote Work (within Washington State only).
Independent Contractor or Employee Status – To be determined.
$33000 – $35500 yearly
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting basics including the Income Statement and Balance Sheet and recording of “debits and credits”
- Manage and implement financial systems including the production of financial statements (non-GAAP) and reports for the firm’s owner
- Oversee weekly client invoicing and collections including coordination with the firm’s owner and Billing Assistant
- Track monthly cash flow needs and performance including tracking A/R and A/P
- Collaboration and coordination with the entire “accounting team” for the firm including the owner and the firm’s outside bookkeeper and CFO
- Prepare and monitor monthly and annual budgets and review them with the firm’s owner
- Prepare and monitor financial projections consistent with the firm’s strategic and operational planning and in collaboration with the firm’s owner
- Advise on financial controls and protecting the integrity of financial information
- Update timekeeping system as needed
- Work with our Billing Assistant to update invoice descriptions as needed and/or on an annual basis
- Assist with tracking employee’s recorded time to ensure compliance
- Assist with training employees about timekeeping
- Assist with payroll processing and reporting
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 4 years experience as an Accounting Manager or Controller
- Experience working in law or CPA firm or other professional services firm is a plus
- Naturally curious organized and analytical
- Attentive to and focused on details
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Creative in finding value-added solutions and offering ideas
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with technology
- Dependable accountable and flexible
- Open to professional challenges
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with others
- Adaptable to change
- Motivated to participate in decision-making
Please only apply if you do have the experience and qualifications required for the position.
About Law Office of Cynthia Hall J.D. LLM CPA
Our main office is in Bainbridge Island Washington with a “branch” office in Kirkland Washington. We have a reputation for caring for our clients and providing top-notch professional services. The firm owner consistently ranks at the top of the annual Best of Bainbridge poll as one of the top three CPAs in the community by a vote of its residents. Our clients think of us first when they need counsel and appreciate our genuine care for their interests and our expertise in a variety of areas. We have a professional and welcoming approach with high standards for our work.