Job Responsibilities : LPN
Salary : $56000 per year
Company : CVS Health
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
- Review criteria-based prior authorizations following policy and procedure
- Provide on-call after hours nurse availability for urgent PA requests
- Provide internal nurse support to the PA team and member services department Refer cases not meeting clinical criteria to the Pharmacist and MD team(s).
- Shift priorities while exhibiting a high level of urgency with all calls and assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- You will work with pharmacists, other clinical colleagues, healthcare professionals and members.
- Follow all prior authorization procedures to guarantee an accurate process on each prior authorization.
- Train and mentor representatives on the PA team. Complete other PA assignments as delegated by the PA leadership team.
- Working Hours will be 9am-5:30pm CST
- Weekend shifts and PM shifts preferable- latest shift end time 8pm CST
- Utilization of clinical skills to support the documentation and communication of medical services and prior authorization determinations
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environment
- This position involves sedentary work with periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone, and typing on the computer.
- Position requires proficiency with computer skills which include navigating multiple systems and keyboarding
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have regular and predictable attendance
- Colleague will be required to work business required overtime/extended work week when needed
- Active LPN license in the state of practice.
- Minimum one year experience
- Experience using MS Office and other Windows-based computer applications and phone use.