Job Responsibilities : Senior Web Developer – Remote – Canada
Salary : $77000 Per Year
Company : Riva International, Inc.
Location : Remote CA
WHO IS RIVA?
Riva is an Edmonton-based software development company with a global footprint. Our Relationship Engine creates seamless data flow between applications like email calendar contacts and tasks and CRM – synchronizing relationship data and eliminating the need for task switching application toggling and data entry duplication across platforms. Riva’s client base includes the world’s largest banks leading hedge funds and hundreds of Global 1000 companies that have high-value clients and high standards for workflow interoperability along with data security and privacy.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are driven to fulfill the promise of technology by creating software that helps businesses of all sizes rehumanize their customer relationships. You are passionate about data and helping organizations tackle data stewardship privacy and security in the next digital frontier.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Reporting to the Product Engineering Manager you are focused on developing new features new products while maintaining and enhancing our existing web products by working closely with other developers product owners and testers. The results of your efforts will directly impact our products and our customers – some of the top companies around the world.
We look for you to contribute towards
- BRING YOUR PASSION: Craft code that meets our internal standards while advocating for and identifying improvements to those standards for style maintainability and industry best practices.
- BE PART OF THE SOLUTION: Bring leadership to the design development and release of newfeatures and improvements to Riva’s web products while collaborating with other stakeholders including product management UX and backend developers testers and executives.
- BUILD THE FUTURE: Excited by the opportunity to work on a platform and product with an established enterprise-grade customer base and existing code while looking to a future with a responsive composite web app event and API-drivenmicroservices in a cloud-first approach.
- DELIVER CUSTOMER DELIGHT:Consistently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other teams while ensuring that all features are coupled to our mature continuous integration and continuous delivery multi-staged on-premise and cloud environments.
- LEAD WITH INTEGRITY:Exert influence on the overall solution vision while responding to product objectives owned by your team whether technical or feature focused on a long-term positive customer experience.
- IMPROVE DAILY: Elevate the team through your participation in our collaborative product development environment that can include design discussions pair programming code reviews coaching and mentoring activities.
- HAVE FUN: Eager to sharein and create a positive vibe during team activities like Sprint Planning Sprint Demos Solution Demos and Program Increment planning activities (part of our Scaled Agile Framework [SAFe] processes) – and don’t forget the social hours staff BBQ and pot-lucks (when allowed again).
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- Post-secondary education in computer sciencecomputer engineering or related work experience.
- At least six(6) years of applicable work experience.
- A belief in agile processes with a desire toleverage continuous delivery patterns and technologies such as continuous integration (TeamCity / Jenkins) continuous deployment (OctopusDeploy) continuous testing (TDD NUnit Selenium Telerik TestStudio Mocha / Chai / Jest) continuous monitoring (Newrelic APM).
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Organized efficient and committed to get the job done while managing multiple priorities within scheduled timelines.
- Able to communicate technical solutions and the rationale behind decisions so that a non-technical person can understand.
- Adaptable to new environments changes in requirements and scope.
- Understand and able to use patterns and standards such as OAuth 2.0 OpenID JWT Graph OData REST SOAP Web Sockets.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills (bothserver and client/browser) preferably with large multi-tier enterprise software products.
- Have proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues DOMand web standards.
- Solid understanding of OOD OOP and design patterns.
- Willingness to learn new skills and a demonstrated continual effort to improve skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization including customer-facing teams.
- Communicatesfluently in written and spoken English.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Cloud Solution Providers (AWS Azure Google Cloud or Heroku).
- Experience with React Native.
- ChartJSor js / visualization using D3-like libraries.
- Proficiency in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Web server configuration and troubleshooting(IIS Nginx Apache).
- Contributes tosupports or uses open source projects – has an active GitHub account.
- Experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- Experience with Office plugin development (Outlook COMadd-in OfficeJS API).
- Product company experience.
- Formal team lead experience.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Total compensation package including;
- RRSP matching.
- Paid vacation starting with 3-weeks.
- Paid wellness time allowing for flexible discretionary allocation for mental health personal benefits and personal time.
- Volunteering to the charity of your choice paid up to 24 hours per year.
- An annual end-of-year bonus day off of your choice.
- Extended health care benefits dental and life insurance.
- Access to third-party Employee Assistance Program.
- Professional development and training allowance for career advancement.
- A great culture which fosters diversity equity and inclusion.
- Work with fun like-minded people.
Make your mark on Riva’s bright future – and yours!
Must hold a valid work permit or be a permanent resident or citizen of Canada.
Riva is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender perception or identity national origin age marital status protected veteran status or disability status.
Don’t miss any communication from us! Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.