Job Responsibilities : Tax Manager *Fully Remote Position*
Salary : $75,000–$95,000 a year
Company : Accountor Inc
Location : Remote CA
Who Are We?
We are a rapidly growing online/ remote accounting firm. We are paperless tech-savvy and we think outside the box. We operate with a start-up mentality where we focus on innovation and continuous learning; adapting quickly when changes are needed.
With the use of Zoom Slack and other online tools we collaborate to offer a true client-driven approach.
We are looking for a team member with the right mix of skills that pairs wonderfully with our firm’s unique culture.
The role is a remote role where you will be working from your home!
Flexibility in schedules!
In our culture everyone’s voice is heard and everyone’s voice matters!
We are relaxed and easygoing- no more suits required!
Competitive remuneration awesome teammates a truly collaborative workplace a real opportunity to learn and grow- and so much more!
*NOTE* This is a full-time position NOT contract work or part-time
You will play a critical role in helping us grow the business. You will be the face of the Tax Department and represent Our Company to Our Clients. There will be lots of opportunities to make this role your own.
- You must be comfortable speaking to clients on a regular basis and answer questions from them. You must be willing to work independently as a problem solver to find solutions
- You are a CA and should have at least 5 years of corporate tax experience and experience preparing corporate trust and partnership tax returns
- Experience in preparing Notice to Reader financial statements
- Experience in preparation of personal tax returns and being able to provide basic tax consultations and tax planning advice
- You must be comfortable resolving notices and corresponding with the CRA
- The ability to keep abreast of local and national economic and business issues; researching on tax law and cases as required
- Play an active role in business development in order to help identify and pursue opportunities with new and existing clients
- You’d be willing and able to train and review junior staff and their work
- Be able to produce HST reports as well as government forms (T4 T5 T3 as well as other slips)
- Ensure that all client emails and calls are responded to and clients are supported and no question goes unanswered
- That every client relationship is nurtured and managed simultaneously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- That documentation and processes are kept up to date
Who You Are
We are looking for an accounting unicorn but we believe they are out there. Do you possess these attributes?
- Prior experience in a fast-paced accounting environment
- Have fantastic written and oral communication skills as well as social and well-spoken; client service is our number one priority we need you to be comfortable fielding questions and forming relationships
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- Can work independently and as part of a team being both a self-starter and able to take direction
- Seriously well organized
To apply for this job please email hr @accountor.ca with the subject line of 249TM and your resume
We thank all applicants for their interest however we will only be contacting those being considered or selected for an interview. We wish you the best of luck.
Please indicate your salary requirements during the application.
No Agency Calls or Emails Please.
Job Types: Full-time Permanent
Salary: $75000.00-$95000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- T2 Corporate Tax Filings & Financial Statements: 3 years (required)
- public accounting: 3 years (required)
- Chartered Accountant (required)