Job Responsibilities : Administrative Assistant III
Salary : $50000 per year
Company : WestEd
Location : Remote US
As a community of over 900 researchers practitioners consultants and administrative professionals from all backgrounds and life experiences we are committed to making a qualitative difference in the lives of youth children and adults. We conduct and apply research develop evidence-based solutions and provide consulting services across the country in both rural and urban communities to improve equitable outcomes for individuals from infancy through adulthood. Serving as trusted partners in the areas of education health and justice our teams enhance capacity within communities and school districts to prioritize impact — asking the right questions customizing methodologies developing relevant tools and implementing best practices specific to a diverse range of stakeholder needs.
Furthering diversity equity and inclusion is core to who we are and how we work. We are committed to working with our clients to illuminate and address disparities value and elevate diverse voices and ensure equitable access to our resources and services. Please review our commitment to diversity equity and inclusion on our Careers page at wested.org. Come and join us!
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING THE WORK LOCATION OF THIS POSITION—Although WestEd provides the option of working at one of its facilities for employees many roles allow employees to choose to work remotely for their own convenience. The decision to allow remote work at the employee’s convenience is based on the requirements of the position or project in question.
We are seeking a resourceful well-organized individual to provide administrative support on a variety of projects. In addition to providing administrative support to leadership and project teams this position will provide support in the production of materials which includes proofing formatting (utilizing formatting tools in MS Word) accessibility checks (i.e. Section 508 compliance) and ensuring the submission of high-quality deliverables and proposals. In addition to materials production the position will provide logistical and technical support for virtual service delivery and team meetings.
The ideal candidate will be a well-organized and detail-oriented individual who enjoys communicating frequently with teams. Career administrative support professionals with at least 3 years of similar experience are encouraged to apply. Experience in the field of education is highly valued but not required.
- Support activities of leadership at the division level and project teams (e.g. planning and follow-up for key meetings) and aid in the documentation dissemination and sharing of knowledge (i.e. meeting materials and notes); provide support for scheduling travel and expense report submittal
- Provide proofing formatting and accessibility support for project documents and materials
- Contribute to the production of proposals including reviewing requirements creating timeline to meet the submission date and coordinating with Institutional Development and the Contracts Department on required forms; proof and format proposal documents
- Provide logistical and technical support for virtual service delivery and virtual team meetings (scheduling registration support when needed breakout room configuration and tech support)
- Contribute to marketing and outreach activities including media research social media outreach newsletters etc.
- Contribute to the development of materials and systems that increase efficiencies within and across projects in the division
- Process confidential information as needed maintaining confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years administrative support experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word PowerPoint Excel) including the ability to create charts graphs tables and presentations
- Demonstrated expertise with proofreading and document formatting; careful attention to detail
- Preferred experience with modifying documents to ensure accessibility (i.e. Section 508 compliance)
- Ability to emphasize a collaborative approach using high-quality customer service skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity changing work priorities and deadlines and a willingness to take on responsibilities while prioritizing work on multiple projects
- Experience communicating with multiple teams simultaneously verbally and in writing to coordinate work around multiple tasks and multiple deadlines with a variety of project teams
- Ability to quickly adapt to new computer programs/software; experience with Zoom or other videoconference software preferred
- An abiding commitment to excellence and equity and having an impact on the lives of children
- Some education sector experience preferred (examples include experience working with state education agency and federal or state-funded programs).
Note: Successful candidates must be authorized to work in USA (visa sponsorship not available).
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary for this role is competitive set at a WestEd level D and commensurate with experience. WestEd offers a very generous benefits package including medical dental and vision coverage as well as Life AD&D and Disability insurance.f We also offer various retirement plan options and Flexible Spending Accounts for medical childcare and commuter expenses. WestEd offers generous paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) among other benefits.
Committed to the diversity of race ethnicities perspectives and opportunities WestEd offers a variety of social and professional learning communities such as Employee Resources groups the Data Intelligence Insights and Innovation PLC and the WestEd Parent Community just to name a few. We hope you’ll consider joining us to build better schools communities learning pathways and more!
Other degrees skills abilities and experiences of interest
- Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Successful candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary for this role is competitive set at a WestEd level X and commensurate with experience. WestEd offers a very generous benefits package including medical dental and vision coverage as well as Life AD&D and Disability insurance. We also offer various retirement plan options and Flexible Spending Accounts for medical childcare and commuter expenses. WestEd offers generous paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) among other benefits.
Committed to the diversity of race ethnicities perspectives and opportunities WestEd offers a variety of social and professional learning communities such as Employee Resources groups the Data Intelligence Insights and Innovation PLC and the WestEd Parent Community just to name a few. We hope you’ll consider joining us to build better schools communities learning pathways and more! #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)