Job Responsibilities : Software Engineer with Test
Salary : $84000 Per Year
Company : Manulife
Location : Remote CA
Are you looking for a supportive collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you and the career below sounds exciting we’d like to hear from you.
Are you passionate about software quality and test automation? The Manulife Bank Technology team is seeking a leader experienced and motivated Software Quality Engineer who is self-directed with learning agility who will develop automation scripts and execute testing in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Our team helps to drive out and execute on a great banking experience for our customers. It’s banking the way it should be. At Manulife Bank we believe banking products are an integral part of every Canadian’s financial plan. As one of Canada’s youngest banks we are growing at an unprecedented rate and need people with the skills energy and drive to maintain our leadership position.
As a Software Quality Engineer you will:
- Assist identifying and executing on the team’s testing automation strategy
- Maintain evolve and continually improve automated test scripts and coverage using a variety of automation tools and technologies
- Occasionally execute manual tests that could not be automated
- Test microservices across various architectures such as Spring
- Test Rest API services
- Build and execute defects reports
- Analyze defects and ensure that system tests are successfully completed documented and problems are resolved
- Build test cases and develop test strategies
- Adhere to Quality Engineer standards and best practices
- Take active role in creating BDD feature sets. Help developers write good and repeatable unit tests
- Participate in code reviews share skills and techniques with others
- Look for root cause of the error (bug) and suggest solutions
- Help build and champion a test automation centre of excellence in the Bank
- Collaborate with Developers Quality Engineers Technical Analysts business staff and external 3rd party vendors using Agile/Waterfall methodologies
- University degree in Computer Sciences/Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience developing/coding and executing test automation scripts for web mobile and desktop applications including UI and microservices/API
- Possesses strong testing technology/industry knowledge
- Experience with Automation technologies such as WebDriverIO Jenkins Cucumber and other open-source testing frameworks
- Experience with Agile practices and tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience writing complex testing strategy
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions and test reports
- Self-directed manage priorities and takes ownership
- Problem solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Software testing certification (e.g. CSTE CAST CASQ CSM)
- Agile certification
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment and other approaches to accelerate the delivery
- Knowledge of SpringBoot Azure JMeter SoapUI Postman
- Experience delivering mobile and other digital capability projects
- Experience mentoring/coaching junior team members on automation
What about Perks?
Manulife has lots of perks including but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan) RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan) and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with company match
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health Dental and Vision
- Generous time off policy
- Financial support for ongoing training learning and education
- Dress Smart – flexible work attire policy
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours work from home arrangements distributed teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race religion color national origin gender sexual orientation age marital status veteran status or disability status.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife globally including Canada Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX NYSE and PSE and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products including life insurance annuities investments 401(k) plans and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment retention advancement and compensation and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race ancestry place of origin colour ethnic origin citizenship religion or religious beliefs creed sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions) sexual orientation genetic characteristics veteran status gender identity gender expression age marital status family status disability or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process contact email@example.com .