Job Responsibilities : Executive Assistant
Salary : 48093 per Year
Company : Cedar Inc
Location : New York, NY US
U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved including providers insurance companies and the people they serve. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste. At Cedar know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives.
We are looking for a highly experienced detail-oriented Executive Assistant to support Cedar’s CEO Co-Chief Maker and General Counsel from Cedar’s NYC HQ. You will play a critical role in Cedar’s business by keeping our executives organized prepared and well equipped for their ever-changing schedules and vast array of responsibilities!
The ideal candidate loves handling details and prioritization is an independent problem-solver and thrives in a dynamic and collaborative culture where no two days are the same. You should be comfortable managing internal and external stakeholders operating out of Cedar’s NYC HQ office certain times of the month have the ability to overcome ambiguity and be willing to go above and beyond to support Cedar’s vision for improving the patient healthcare experience. In this role you will simultaneously provide exemplary support to the CEO and be an active and visible member of the Executive Support team and Cedar community. 10% of your time will be spent supporting the Co-Chief Maker and General Counsel.
- Provide executive-level support to the CEO Co-Chief Maker and General Counsel
- Proactive and strategic calendar management
- Heavy domestic and international travel coordination in TripActions
- Process submit and approve expenses in Expensify
- Build a solid and positive relationship with the executives you support
- Represent Cedar’s CEO through email and other written communications with current and prospective clients candidates investors board members and partners
- Independently plan events that positively impact our CEO and the broader team including onsites offsites retreats town halls BOD meetings and other various activities
- Continually look for ways to broaden the impact of our CEO by streamlining their time commitments gathering feedback and requests from internal and external partners and proactively sharing feedback throughout the organization
- Work closely with the executive support team to continue building their foundation and roadmap as well as to provide support and back-up to other teammates
- Collaborate with teams across Cedar to anticipate the needs of those you support-as well as their teams-and problem solve effectively
- Proactively improves processes to create efficiency for leaders and teams
Required Skills & Experience
- 7-10 years of experience supporting C-level executives
- Previous experience in a start-up and/or supporting a high-growth Executive Officer (preferably CEO)
- Must be able to work out of the NYC office a few times a month
- Expert level communicator both written and verbal
- Capable of building strong positive relationships with a diverse group of employees and customers
- Acute attention to detail and highly efficient
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and workload with minimal supervision
- Track record of managing busy fluctuating schedules in a fast-paced environment
- Highly responsive with impeccable organization and follow-up skills
- Ability and excitement to function within a team of EAs and drive interoperability
- Comfortable operating within an energetic team environment and making executive decisions quickly and effectively with little guidance
- Capacity to prioritize meet deadlines and work cross-functionally across the organization
- Enthusiastic about constantly learning and improving
- Excited about Cedar’s mission of improving the patient healthcare experience
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $106250 – $125000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
- Subject to location experience and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones explore rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work including three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies) Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- 401k plan with 3% employer non-election contribution
- Access to hands-on mentorship employee and management coaching and a stipend for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
Today Cedar helps over 15 million patients annually—and partners with more than 50 leading healthcare providers including Yale New Haven Health Summit Health Novant Health Allina Health Providence ChristianaCare Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona CommonSpirit Health and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.