Job Responsibilities : Senior Director Service, Interprofessional Practice and Innovation
Salary : $13000 Per Year
Company : Canadian Mental Health Association, York and South Simcoe Branch
Location : Remote CA
Message about our hiring and operating practices during the COVID-19 pandemic
One of the fastest growing branches of CMHA the Canadian Mental Health Association York Region and South Simcoe (CMHA-YRSS) provides 30+ mental health and addiction programs to adults youth (age 12+) family caregivers local businesses and community organizations. Providing a safe environment for our staff and clients is of the utmost importance to us and we continue to closely follow COVID-19 protocols and directives from Public Health.
We have recently started testing a Hybrid Work Arrangement that provides our employees with the flexibility of working from home and on-site within a connected and collaborative team environment while continuing to make the needs and preferences of our clients and community our top priority. Each CMHA-YRSS program and department has developed a unique Hybrid Work Plan that meets the needs of their team and clients and supports the vision of the agency.
Rest assured that your well-being is our top priority and we have appropriate health and safety measures in place at each stage of the recruiting process and throughout our operations.
Why work for CMHA York Region?
We are a team committed to our vision of mental health support for all. We offer an inclusive innovative and high-performance work culture that helps us deliver transformational impact. The organization cares about the growth safety and well-being of employees and offers:
- Competitive Total Compensation (including salary benefits pension)
- HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan)
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Robust Performance and Career Development program
- Learning & development opportunities
Learn more about us by visiting: https://cmha-yr.on.ca/careers/
All CMHA-YRSS employees are required to be vaccinated (COVID-19) as a condition of hire.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Service Interprofessional Practice and Innovation to join our team!
Closing Date: July 18 2022
Permanent: Full-Time 35 Hours per Week Evening Hours and Weekends may be required
Benefits: Full Extended Health & Dental Life Insurance EAP STD LTD & Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). Generous paid time off including vacation sick personal days.
Location: The Hybrid Work Plan developed for this role presently requires this position to work in a combination of work from home and work on site with equipment provided by CMHA. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to discuss this arrangement with their manager.
The CMHA home office for this role is Newmarket located at 1101 Nicholson Road Unit 5 Newmarket ON L3Y 9C3 and incumbent may be required to travel to other CMHA Offices in York Region and South Simcoe as required.
Reporting to the VP Clinical Services this individual will have authority to formulate implement changes and set standards for programs and services within funding parameters and program guidelines and as directed by the Vice President Clinical Operations. This position will be a member of the Operations Delivery Leadership Team as well as the Corporate Leadership Team.
- As a member of the Operations and Service Delivery Leadership Teams is a key contributor to the development and implementation of the CMHA-YRSS strategic plan. Clarify wording with new structure
- As a member of the Corporate Leadership Teams directs and guides the development and implementation to the Senior Team of the organizational structures policies and procedures for Mental Health Services
- Works in collaboration with funders and stakeholders to establish service parameters and outcomes for operational areas within Mental Health Services
- Participates with the Board of Directors and sub-committees as requested providing information and acting as a resource to facilitate decision-making
- Promotes and encourages the development of ideas and new program directions within CMHA-YRSS’s Regional services providing leadership to new initiatives and Ontario Health Team integrated care models
- In collaboration with program leaders and Senior Director of Philanthropy assists in sourcing new opportunities for funding
- Works with the Finance and program leaders to prepare and monitor annual budgets
- Oversees the negotiation of contractual agreements with outside services
- Leads the establishment and implementation of best-practice guidelines and standards
- Aligns the organization around the common goal of providing compassionate and quality care to clients and their families
- Prepares funding proposals in collaboration with the management team and members of the Board that are tied to achievement of the organization’s Vision and Mission and that promote its values and empowerment/Recovery principles
- As a member of the Corporate Leadership Teams builds positive relationships with all levels of government to advance CMHA-YRSS Vision Mission and Values
- Ensures that operational plans policies and procedures are developed and executed to achieve strategic imperatives
- Oversees the development of programs and services that meet consumer and community needs
- Monitors mental health programs and service outcomes on a regular basis to ensure adherence to program contracts recommending and monitoring corrective action where variances occur
- Oversees the establishment of service targets for the Services Division to meet stakeholder and funder expectations
- Monitors client service statistics for Mental Health Services ensuring action is taken to increase client satisfaction and makes recommendations for improvements
- Ensures Mental Health Services complies with all regulatory and funding body requirements
- Monitors internal system reports such as risk; health and safety; serious occurrence; agency dash board; etc. and takes action to address deficiencies and areas of concern
- Collaborates with local community partners to design programs and services that will meet the growing and changing needs of the community
- Represents the agency and liaises with government ministries and community organizations to facilitate communication and participate in inter-agency activity coordination
- Represents the agency and its services on community and professional committees
- Promotes and supports the Mission and Leadership Values of CMHA-YRSS by being a positive and enthusiastic role model for all staff
- Encourages innovation creativity learning and safety in all staff
- Directs each program or service within Mental Health Services ensuring quality leadership and service
- Holds leaders accountable for client service and target achievements
- Provides leadership and support to all management staff across the organization including advice support and direct supervision
- Hiring of staff providing training and orientation and administering performance reviews of direct reports
Managing and Developing the Business:
- As a member of the Corporate Leadership Teams contribute to the strategic vision and direction of CMHA-YRSS working proactively to ensure that services meet the changing needs and demands of the mental health community
Financial Management and Control:
- As a member of the Senior Management Team contribute to the development of the business strategy and financial plans for CMHA-YRSS
- Develops proposals for new services with accurate costing and risk analysis in line with CMHA-YRSS’s decision-making procedures
- Sets budgets and manages services within agreed budgets ensuring that income targets are maximised and costs are managed accordingly
IT Record Keeping Data Management:
- Validates that processes are in place to ensure client files reports and support plans and other written documents are accurate kept up to date and that client and staff confidentiality is maintained in accordance with CMHA-YRSS’s confidentiality policy
- Builds relationships with post-secondary educational institutions and other organizations that do applied and academic research to discuss research possibilities
Quality and regulatory compliance:
- Understands the legal framework in which CMHA-YRSS provides services and support to clients and their families
- Continuously looks to improve the quality of services responding positively to client feedback and complaints
- Masters’ degree in health human services public administration or related discipline
- Regulated health professional with registration in good standing with the appropriate college
- Ten years or more experience in a community health hospital and/or not for profit organization
- Recent experience in a leadership position ideally at a Director level or above
- Experience in a frontline care delivery role preferably in a MH and Addictions setting
- Extensive knowledge of resources supports and services in York Region including formal and informal stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of the health care agenda in Ontario and of the issues concepts and practices in mental health and addictions especially empowerment and recovery principles
- Extensive knowledge of mental health and addiction services
- Extensive knowledge of quality improvement principles and methodologies
- Strong analytical thinking planning prioritization and execution skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strategic thinker able to see the bigger picture and act effectively to produce measurable results
- A trusted and ethical leader with a genuine respect for a range of viewpoints who possesses the ability to motivate others and articulate a clear direction
- Competence in relevant computer applications particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional leadership abilities
- Ability to influence others and have highly effective interpersonal skills
- A valid Canadian driver’s license a minimum $1000000 third party liability insurance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
This positions reports to and is supervised by Vice President Clinical Operations.
- Works in a standard private office with occasional travel to other offices.
- Works under short time deadlines.
- Interacts with demanding senior professionals from outside organizations in order to educate and gain approval for additional services.
- Required to read complex documents.
Disclaimer: In keeping with mental health reform best practices funding and direction this position may later require knowledge skills abilities and working conditions not noted here.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process email AODA@cmha-yr.on.ca
If you are interested in this opportunity follow the link below and click on the “Apply Now” button in the top right corner of the page to proceed to upload your cover letter and resume: https://cmha-yr.on.ca/careers/
Complete the application form and submit the following:
- Cover letter with 300 words or less and tell us why you would want this role and why you should be considered for the position (PDF or Word)
- Resume (PDF or Word)
CMHA-YRSS supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome all applicants including persons with lived experience women aboriginal people people with disabilities and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
While we thank all candidates for their interest only those selected for an interview will be contacted.