Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Specialist (Remote)
Salary : 18 per Hour
Company : Patient Accounting Service Center, LLC
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
While having some previous work or educational experience is an advantage we look for people with the right mindset meaning a drive to serve others and to take a personal sense of pride in one’s work. We look for people who have an internal drive to do a good job regardless whether someone is watching. People who take initiative and know the quality of their work reflects back on them. People who succeed with us tend to be thoughtful detail-oriented and communicative. They are proactive professional responsible well-spoken and polite. They are accountable to themselves and others. If you have these qualities we’d love to speak with you.
- Medical Collections
- Responding to telephone inquiries (inbound/outbound) utilizing standard procedures and scripts
- Gathering information performing research and resolving customer inquiries
- Communicating appropriate options for issue resolution in a timely manner
- Informing customers/patients about services available and assess their needs
- Scheduling work to ensure accurate phone coverage prioritizing calls and escalating as required
- Assisting in planning and implementing department goals and making recommendations to management to improve efficiency and effectiveness
Other duties as assigned:
- Successful accomplishments and primary accountabilities of this position will depend upon establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of people both inside and outside of the functional area. Such people may include but are not limited to: interdepartmental leadership education and development the patient client hospital staff government insurance company representatives vendors compliance finance decision support and contact management as well as GetixHealth’ s officers senior management and staff.
Requirements Education and Experience
- High school diploma or college degree from an accredited college or university
- Attention to detail
- Proven PC proficiency in MS Office Suite Applications
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated excellent verbal written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Spanish fluency preferable
- Two to five years industry or educational experience in medical revenue cycle management is preferred
- Medical experience either practical or classroom knowledge needed.
- Basic understanding of HIPAA is preferred
- Good attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to perform work in alignment with company mission and values
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Work environment is an office location; role may evolve into a hybrid or WFH model
- The position requires the dexterity to operate office equipment such as a personal computer keyboard mouse and telephone
- Occasional lifting may be required up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time with frequent bending and stooping
- Must be able to work any 8 hr. shift Monday – Friday and occasional Saturdays
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals