Job Responsibilities : Software Engineer – 44493
Salary : $85,000 – $130,000 a year
Company : McGraw Hill
Location : Remote US
SIMnet is an award-winning learning management system specialized in the learning and assessment of Microsoft Office skills used by millions of students throughout the world.
The SIMnet team is seeking a self-motivated and adaptable
Software Engineer to join a US based
remote front-end team.
This individual must exhibit independent creativity a curiosity to research modern technologies and methodologies and a pervasive desire to dig into complex technical issues while respecting timelines and team commitments.
What you’ll do:
- Build interactive learning and assessment activities for Microsoft Office with React.js.
- Contribute to the SIMnet educational student and eBook platforms.
- Expand internal tools for creating recording and testing student learning interactivities.
- 1+ years working with HTML CSS JS
- You can work in a fast-paced software release environment where you deliver production-grade software daily for a system with millions of users.
- You can contribute to the full software development life cycle – including writing application code writing unit/integration/automation tests documentation and performance engineering.
- You are excited about building scalable applications and crafting intuitive and responsive user interfaces for students and teachers so they can get the most out of our products.
- You exhibit qualities of self-motivation self-education and general problem-solving ability.
- You are comfortable collaborating in a team oriented agile environment.
Strong applied knowledge of the following:
- Application Testing (unit integration performance end to end)
- Responsive Web Design/Development
- Code Quality and Code Review
Basic understanding of the following:
- Build/deploy tools (e.g. GitHub Actions Bitbucket Pipeline NPM)
- Source/Version control systems (Git)
Our stack includes:
- HTML CSS Less Sass
- Cloud Services
- JIRA Confluence Zoom Slack
The pay range for this position is between $85000 – $130000 annually however base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge skills experience and location. An annual bonus plan may be provided as part of the compensation package in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits depending on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act.
United States-District of Columbia-RemoteUnited States-Massachusetts-RemoteUnited States-New Jersey-RemoteUnited States-New York-RemoteUnited States-Virginia-Remote