Job Responsibilities : Financial Counselor-Remote
Salary : 57000 per Year
Company : Change Healthcare
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Location: 100% Remote
Hours: Mon-Fri 8-hour shift between 7:30 am-6pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inform patients of their financial liability prior to arrival for services.
- Works with Pre-Certification Admitting Ambulatory Care Services physicians and Outcomes Management as well as the guarantor to develop a sound financial arrangement.
- Updates the account level follow up schedule to reflect current billing and/or collection status
- Documents accurate data for the management reports for cash collected adjustments and write-offs etc.
- Work with inpatient and ambulatory care services with the interpretation and administration of the Financial Clearance Policy.
- Obtain financial assistance applications; evaluate for accuracy
- Request and collect needed verifications for processing
- Work with the ambulatory care services and outside facilities to determine eligibility for financial programs and assess financial needs of the patients in accordance with Patient Financial Services Policy.
- Updates patient accounting and patient processing (patient access) systems with correct demographic and insurance information.
- Conducts analysis of patient’s financial status and advises patient on the best course of action for payment of obligations to the hospital.
- Advises patient of the possible consequences of non-payment.
- Prepares the estimated cost of hospital and ambulatory services and advises the patient on payment expectations and payment plan options.
What are the requirements?
- Years of experience: 1+ year Customer Service experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED some college preferred
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Basic knowledge of hospital information systems (ex. EPIC) and healthcare applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to develop professional service oriented working relationships
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team of professionals to accomplish goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Environment – Hospital/home
- Physical Requirements – Sitting standing walking and using a key board
How much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated increasingly collaborative and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion age sex sexual orientation gender identity genetic information national origin disability or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing where applicable in accordance with federal state and local laws.