Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Rep I (contract)
Salary : $13 per hour
Company : Elevance Health
Location : Remote US
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem Inc. we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for contract workers (via BCforward) who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
successfully completing the required basic training. Able to perform basic job functions with help from co-workers specialists and managers on non-basic issues. Must pass the appropriate pre-employment test battery.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Responds to internal and external customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits provider contracts eligibility and claims.
- Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
- Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information; documents information activities and changes in the database.
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Researches and analyzes data to address operational challenges and customer service issues.
- Provides external and internal customers with requested information.
- Under immediate supervision receives and places follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are routine in nature.
- Uses computerized systems for tracking information gathering and troubleshooting.
- Requires a HS diploma or equivalent; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Previous customer service in a call center or an automated customer service environment preferred.
- Contractors in this role are expected to have strong oral written and interpersonal communication skills problem-solving skills facilitation skills and analytical skills.
- Remote/ Work from home
- Candidates will need to have a hardwire connection and not a Wifi connection.
- Worker will also need to have a quiet workspace to protect PHI (Personal Health Information) for members.
BCForward is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age citizenship status color creed disability ethnicity genetic information gender (including gender identity and gender expression) marital status national origin race religion sex sexual orientation veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal state or local laws.