Job Responsibilities : Call Center Representative-Remote in Central & Eastern Time Zone
Salary : $15 per hour
Company : CNO Financial Group, Inc.
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
CNO’s Worksite Division Optavise is hiring a Call Center Representative to effectively provide support to members as they navigate their employer-sponsored benefit programs on the Optavise benefits administration platform. The goal is to enable the member to make informed decisions and use their benefits fully to benefit most from the programs as well as meet the business objectives and goals of the employer. Representatives primarily receive incoming requests from members to resolve simple technology transactions benefits eligibility issues or assistance with enrollment.
As a Call Center Representative your responsibilities will include:
- Consult with members who require help/guidance/actions with regards to their employer-sponsored benefit program(s). This includes technical support; simple benefits questions; edit/update employee details; view/update pending elections; confirmation of coverage HSA HRA and FSA explanations; and other technical support to manage employee data/interactions.
- Execute on call documentation follow up and resolution protocols which include verification of employees; asking probing questions to accurately assist the employee; use of appropriate resources to properly address issue; provide follow up expectations to caller before closing the call resolve open issues.
- Advise on Open Enrollment activities providing technical support for enrolling employees on the benefits available to them.
- Conduct external outreach calls as defined by the leadership team on behalf of clients who require outreach on special programs and support for Open Enrollment.
- Determine and execute the best resolution to assist employees based on their unique needs or requests. Collaborate with senior team members and/or supervisors for escalations where additional support is required to support an employee request.
- Troubleshoot system issues and accurately communicate issues that require resolution from other team or business areas.
- Assist with other employee support teams that require call center assistance.
The Call Center Representative position is well-suited for you if you:
- Demonstrate an intermediate level of healthcare literacy and a knowledge of HIPAA guidelines PHI and PII guidelines and current healthcare legislation that may impact employer-based benefit programs.
- Communicate complex information clearly and persuasively to provide support to all members and their dependents
- Collaborate effectively with peers to provide excellent service to members through case resolution.
- Set expectations for time-sensitive follow ups and how the issue will be managed including possible outcomes.
- Explain benefits issues to employees effectively.
- Build rapport with member using friendly courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain a positive attitude in the face of challenging or difficult situations.
Qualified candidates will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree preferred.
- Life Health & Annuity Required Licensing and Coverage (Company will support applicants with obtaining license)
- Active resident state health and life insurance license
- Non-resident licenses as required for client assignment (company paid)
- Active errors and omissions insurance (company paid)
- Ability to be appointed by all major insurance carriers
- 1-3 years in a customer service/call center or benefits administration role.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving techniques to identify issues root causes and possible solutions.
At this time CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However this is an evolving situation in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial Group offices reopened in April 2022 and we will be pursuing a hybrid working model. Associates who live within a 60 mile radius of a corporate office (Birmingham Carmel Chicago Philadelphia Orlando and Milwaukee) will have access to come into that Office up to 2 days/week and work from home at least 3 days/week. This role is full time work from home (WFH) also known as Remote. This role can be performed from any US based location within the central or eastern time zone. Work cannot be performed from outside of the United States.
CNO provides life and health insurance annuities financial services and workforce benefits solutions through our family of brands and supported by our associates and agents. Our customers work hard to save for the future and we help protect their health income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3400 associates 8600 exclusive agents and independent partner agents guide individuals families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity Customer Focus Excellence and Teamwork. We have offices in more than 260 communities in the U.S. including our headquarters in Carmel Indiana and corporate offices in Birmingham Chicago Philadelphia Orlando and Milwaukee.
At CNO Financial Group we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers and the growth we create within our own company. We’re looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We’ll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you’re looking for a culture that encourages development helps you reach your potential and rewards you for your contribution then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information visit CNOinc.com.