Job Responsibilities : Database Administrator (Remote)
Salary : 90000 per Year
Company : World Finance
Location : Remote US
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Database Administration and support of SQL Server and other database systems.
- Work closely with programming staff on database design changes to meet business requirements.
- Program manage and deploy SSIS automation solutions using Team Foundation Server.
- Manage replication backup storage partitioning and access for all databases.
- Reviews and analyzes database requirements; develops detailed database design specifications to meet the objectives of new IT solutions and services.
- Installation maintenance and performance tuning of databases.
- Conducts optimization of database workloads to maintain a quality user experience.
- Implement and support database administration tasks such as backup and recovery procedures database utilities and data replication technologies for both production and test/dev environments.
- Perform database sizing and support capacity workload and forecasting estimates for databases.
- Create and maintain scripts to automate tasks such as monitoring and generating reports.
- Create and maintain automation jobs for integration to APIs and other business systems.
- Monitors databases for adequate performance and capacity.
- Collaborates to design scalable & supportable database architecture and access control policies.
- Identifies appropriate database solutions and products.
- Log schedule and track all changes using change management system tools.
- Manages and implements database security and user accounts.
- Researches recommends and implements all database software upgrades.
- Investigates and thoroughly understands developments in database administration and computer technology.
- Assists with training and problem solving as needed.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required:
- Ability to read analyze and interpret business professional technical or governmental documents. Write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers customers and the public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions percentages ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Define problems collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Transact-SQL knowledge for the creation of ad-hoc queries stored procedures views and database triggers. Database design and architecture. Microsoft’s data technologies: SQL Server SSRS SSIS SSAS Azure.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to constantly remain in a stationary position.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets office machinery etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator copy machine and computer printer.
- Occasionally may require light lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Office environment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
It is the policy of World Acceptance Corporation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age color national origin citizenship status physical or mental disability race religion creed gender sex sexual orientation gender identity and/or expression genetic information marital status status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law. In addition World Acceptance Corporation will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.