Job Responsibilities : Senior Customer Service Representative – Remote in Greensboro, NC AND San Antonio, TX
Salary : $16 per hour
Company : UnitedHealthcare
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
$ 1500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
If you are located within 60 miles radius from Greensboro NC and San Antonio TX you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Grow your career with an industry leader! We have training classes starting soon. Apply now!
You love problem solving and you love helping people. How about a career where you can do both? As a member of UnitedHealthcare ‘s elite customer service team you’ll work directly with our customers to help them navigate the health care system. You’ll be empowered to resolve the most complex health care related concerns helping to connect the dots for our customers. Your ability to provide exceptional customer service will truly make a difference in the lives of our members. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. SM
As a Customer Service Advocate you’ll provide our members with the information they need to make better decisions about their health helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day you’ll help 50 to 70 callers in a compassionate and empathetic manner providing guidance support and escalating issues. This is your chance to be a sought out as an advisor and advocate to your customer. You have the opportunity to exceed expectations and improve the lives of our customers every day.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6:55am – 10:00pm CST. It may be necessary given the business need to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Demonstrate outstanding service to identify the source of the issue and work to resolve customer inquiries and issues in a timely and professional manner related to benefits eligibility and claims
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and the benefits to them of consumer-driven health care topics to include managing their health and well-being by selecting the best benefit plan options maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Intervene with care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
- Respond to and resolve on the first call customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits eligibility and claims financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care guiding them on topics such as selecting the best benefit plan options maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to the caller’s health status and potential plan options. To do this you’ll need to navigate across multiple databases which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1+ years of combined education work and/or volunteer experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Sales or account management experience
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology health plan documents or benefit plan design)
- Social work behavioral health disease prevention health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Reside within 60 miles radius from Greensboro NC and San Antonio TX
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity Compassion Relationships Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career or are an experienced veteran or spouse we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa a Senior Quality Analyst works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual . We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work. SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time part time or per diem basis (Internal Candidates) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO #YELLOW