Job Responsibilities : Amazon Redshift – Software Development Engineer III
Salary : $348,800 – $481,700 a year
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture design patterns reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java C++ or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- 5+ years experience writing large scale systems in Java/C++
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
Want to make database history? Come and join the team that is building the most popular cloud data warehousing service in the world with tens of thousands of customers – Amazon Redshift. We are building the next generation data warehouse systems creating an impact on its hundreds of thousands of users and looking for top engineers to help shape the future.
Amazon Redshift is the leading fully-managed petabyte-scale data warehouse in the cloud. Using Amazon Redshift makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze all your data seamlessly.
As a Software Development Engineer with Amazon Redshift you will have the opportunity to design and implement system architecture of AWS Redshift at Amazon scale. You will contribute to overall strategy by working on impactful product features system architecture and best practices that enable a quality product. You will work on the Redshift cloud platform to improve the technologies that orchestrate and manage Redshift clusters globally. You will build out automation of critical operational functions that ensure thousands of servers across all AWS regions worldwide operating at massive scale.
In this role you will have the growth opportunity to work on ambiguous problem spaces and enumerate design choices trade-offs and priorities. You demonstrate exceptional technical expertise and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science. You are data and metric driven and obsessively concerned about performance under resource constrained environments. You will mentor junior engineers participate in defining our technical culture and help to build a fast-growing team.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology product and the business. You will bring deep technical networking and coding expertise with the ability to work within a fast moving startup environment in the industry leading cloud company to deliver a broad business impact.
Come join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups reaching 40000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings and host annual and ongoing learning experiences including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough but kind code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in debugging diagnosing and trouble-shooting complex production software.
- Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Experience in communicating with peers other technical teams and management to collect requirements describe software features and technical designs.
- Be highly innovative flexible and self-directed.
- Passionate about learning new technologies frameworks and programming languages.
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Shell Scripting Bash Python or other.
- Understanding of system (Linux & Unix) and application performance and scaling characteristics.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- The pay range for this position in Colorado is $348800 – 481700/year; however base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge skills and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package in addition to a full range of medical financial and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.