Job Responsibilities : Work From Home CVT/LVT/RVT – Veterinary Helpline Representative (FT)
Salary : $19 Per Hour
Company : Safetycall International
Location : Remote US
Are you looking to gain experience in an interesting new field? SafetyCall International (SCI) the parent company of Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) may have just what you are looking for! We are looking to add full-time (40 hours/week) staff to our team remote from the comfort and safety of your home!
Veterinary Helpline Representative Description:
The Veterinary Helpline Representative (VHR) is responsible for responding to incoming cases via the telephone email and chat applications for our veterinary nurse lines regarding general animal health and wellbeing questions on topics such as behavior nutrition and disease processes as well as triaging symptoms potential toxic exposures poisonings and other emergency situations. Position is responsible for managing and documenting cases taking full histories and details of the events triaging cases and providing accurate medical health and safety information to the callers. Each case will be documented in SafetyCall International (SCI) databases. VHR staff will perform follow-up as necessary to ensure the wellbeing of the animals. Given the nature of the position many pet owners are calling under stressful circumstances and are therefore in distress. VHR must be able to manage cases under pressure and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states.
Schedule Info/Options (Full Time Only):
- 40 hours per week 4 days per week
- Shifts are 10.5 hours long with a 1/2 hour unpaid break scheduled midway through their shift.
- Will work every other weekend (both Saturday & Sunday) and rotating holidays.
- Work weeks run Saturday through Friday.
- Scheduled days of the week will be predictable following an every other week rotation
- Shift options as follows:.
- Evenings (eligible for $2/hour shift differential): Shifts will be scheduled between the hours of 2pm-2:30am CST
Training Requirements: Must be able to commit to a 4-week full time paid remote training process up front. Training schedules are determined in advance and are most often Monday through Friday daytime hours but can include some varying days/times. At this time we are unable to work with any scheduling conflicts during the training process. After training is complete the shift you are hired for will begin.
Required Experience Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
- Active CVT/LVT/RVT Certification and at least 6 months of experience working in a veterinary clinic/hospital.
- Resident of the United States in one of the states we are set up to hire from (see website for full list https://safetycall.com/about/careers/)
- Verbal and written communication that is clear concise accurate professional empathetic and compassionate on a regular basis including during stressful or high-pressure situations and interactions.
- Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days evenings weekends and holidays.
- Ability to accurately add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions decimals ratios and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form.
- Ability to gather and analyze complex or diverse information.
- Above average proficiency with keyboarding PCs Microsoft Office and common computer software and hardware.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients’ products procedures and case detail as well as SCI’s operating procedures.
- Ability to maintain active licensure if applicable.
- Remote employees must be able to meet and maintain IT requirements following SCI policies.
Remote Agent Requirements:
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service and a landline phone. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Pay & Benefits:
The starting pay is between $19-$20/hour (plus pay differentials depending on which shift is chosen). Pay varies based on the individual where we look at several factors including education experience and credentials. Pay will be discussed on an individual basis in the interview process. We also have many fantastic benefits including medical dental vision life accident and pet insurance options 401K paid time off paid holidays company paid life short & long term disability insurance CE & license reimbursement and more!
Due to the large number of applicants we receive and the unique nature of this position we are not always able to respond to every candidate who applies. If we plan to move forward with you you can expect to receive a response from us within a week of completing your application. If you do not hear from us please know that we appreciate your interest but we have moved forward with other candidates at this time.
Be sure to add the following senders to your email’s “safe sender” list to ensure you don’t miss any emails from us!
@safetycall.com @clearcompany.com @hrmdirect.com @clrco.com @email.clrco.com
Questions? Email our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org