Job Responsibilities : Billing Representative – Remote
Salary : $16.00 – $26.88 an hour
Company : Optum
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
All of us have a short list of the things that make a job great. If your list includes being able to make a difference count us in as your next place to work. UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 5 company leader in health care at a time when health care is evolving for everyone. Our billing teams are part of an important chain of events that impact the lives of our members in positive ways. Join this group and we’ll have an impact on you. Apply now and discover the exceptional training support and opportunities to grow that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 company.
This position is full – time (40 hours / week). Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Interact with customers to gather support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies
- Provide input to policies systems methods and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications
- Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed
- Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables
What makes this a special challenge? For one we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy communications style and effectiveness. Also you’ll need to be researching and resolving problems before during and after calls within a high volume demanding environment.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work a 40-hour schedule within the operating hours of the site
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office administrative clerical customer service etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Previous experience in billing OR collections
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to multi – task and to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
Taking care of business at UnitedHealth Group translates to more meaning and impact as you help improve the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work. SM
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity Compassion Relationships Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career or are an experienced veteran or spouse we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa a Senior Quality Analyst works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health – related information or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. SM
Colorado Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 – $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 – $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education work experience certifications etc. In addition to your salary UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package incentive and recognition programs equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO #YELLOW