Job Responsibilities : Reservations Sales Agent (Work From Home)
Salary : $18.50 an hour
Company : Alaska Airlines
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Company Alaska Airlines
From our call centers or their homes contact center and reservations agents handle everything from urgent travel plan changes to mileage plan award travel. Our agents are out-of-the-box thinkers who engage each guest interaction with kindness. We want to hear from you if you can be welcoming to people from all walks of life think on your feet and manage a flexible schedule. In return you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package professional development opportunities and other benefits that are all designed to take you places.
Role Specific Details
It is required to live within Idaho State lines for this position.
The Reservations Sales Agent (RSA) is responsible for assisting guests with information regarding fares flight schedules routings and policies at Alaska Airlines (AS) Horizon Air (QX) Sky West (OO) and our Alliance partners. As a member of the reservations team this individual contributor role verifies availability of space confirms reservations and makes appropriate changes to reservations and tickets. This is a work at home union represented position.
- Perform a variety of guest service functions via multiple channels including:
- Answer incoming inquiries and match the features and benefits of Alaska Airlines to the needs of the guest.
- Answer guests’ inquiries regarding all aspects of their travel on Alaska Airlines or on our travel partners.
- Make new reservations and change existing reservations on scheduled domestic and international flights.
- Assist guests with technical website and mobile navigation needs.
- Handle guests’ questions complaints and inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve issues with first interaction resolution.
- Operate within a variety of complex computerized systems to assist guests and daily operations.
- Proactively create a positive service-oriented environment for guests.
Job-Specific Experience Education & Skills
- 2 years of customer service or community service experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including a professional and pleasant phone demeanor clear pleasant and courteous verbal and written communication using appropriate grammar tone and pronunciation.
- Excellent communication skills (e.g. verbal written and listening).
- Demonstrated proficiency and agility with adopting utilizing and navigating new and rapidly changing technologies and applications on handheld and other multi-media devices.
- Proven ability to continually learn and understand changing job-related policies and procedures company products services and promotions in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a process-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with general computer programs keyboard skills and Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word Excel PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Typing speed of at least 25 WPM at an efficiency of 85% or better.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends holidays and overtime in a 24/7/365 operation.
- Ability and willingness to work from home within the state designated in the posting. Some in-office time is required.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Airline or travel industry experience.
- Spanish language proficiency.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety do the right thing be kind-hearted deliver performance and be remarkable.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air pay and benefits can vary by company location number of regularly scheduled hours worked length of employment and employment status.
- Medical dental and vision benefits
- 401k program with a company match up to 6%
- Monthly incentive pay plan up to $150 per month
- Annual incentive pay plan with a target 5% payout of annual earnings
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited standby travel benefits on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
Apply by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on 9/29/2022
Employment Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 2022-9066
I: Y – RES
Equal Employment Opportunity We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer that is committed to diversity equity and inclusion. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees and do not discriminate based upon race color religion sex (including pregnancy childbirth reproductive health decisions or related medical conditions) sexual orientation gender identity gender expression national origin age protected veteran or disability status genetic information (including family medical history) political views or activity or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air its employees and others as required or permitted by law. People of color women LGBTQIA+ immigrants veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.