Job Responsibilities : Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Salary : 19 per hour
Company : WestJet
Location : Temporarily remote CA
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we’re going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work within Canada under our mobile workforce program.
Overview of role:
WestJet is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Technology office. This individual can exhibit a high standard of excellence enjoys challenges and is results-driven. The incumbent must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in an agile environment.
As part of the WestJet Quality Management Office the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will provide leadership on quality tasks for projects products and systems within WestJet. They will oversee and/or participate in the test case development execution of tests defect management coordination of test activities on projects and development of Automation strategies. Through their passion for Quality this Senior role will embrace and help evolve the quality processes within the larger QMO team and influence improvements within the development processes. A significant part of this role will be finding and implementing automation opportunities that optimize testing efficiency and effectiveness.
This position can be based in Calgary AB or Canada remote and is a work from home opportunity.
Key deliverables include:
- Perform functional integration and system testing including compatibility and/or coordinate with support teams to complete performance security failover and recovery or other types of testing as required based on the project
- Scope out and script candidates for end-to-end UI automated tests using Dart and Flutter framework
- Perform manual and script automated API tests using ReadyAPI or Postman.
- Assist in project/release/sprint planning for development of test strategies and plans
- Develop and execute test cases that are in line with the business quality requirements
- Based on project needs identify and utilize appropriate testing techniques such as risk based testing structured and unstructured exploratory testing white & black box testing manual and automated testing scripted and unscripted testing.
- Utilize various automated testing tools to script data creation or automated functional tests (UI and API).
- Manage defects including identifying prioritizing logging tracking and triaging issues
- Lead a small team of globally located testers to achieve the required quality goals. Provide direction feedback and encouragement
- Deploy application builds into test environments as required
- Collaborate effectively with Project Managers Business Analysts Developers Scrum Masters and Infrastructure support teams as required
- Evaluate document and communicate testing results to stakeholders to enable them to make decisions regarding project health with respect to QA
- Empower others by sharing knowledge with peers by means of pairing documenting and presenting
- Provide leadership guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Maintain and expand professional and technical knowledge through attending educational workshops conferences review of professional publications and participate in professional societies
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute to the cohesion and effectiveness of the team
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and qualifications:
- Completed post-secondary education
- 7-10 years Information Technology experience
- Experience with agile software development processes
- Experience analyzing the quality needs for projects estimating the associated resources and effort managing the execution mitigating and communicating risks and reporting on the test results
- Understanding and practical application of software QA practices as it applies to different development methodologies
- Experience creating clear and concise documentation in the form of test strategies/plans/test cases/scenarios/checklists and defects
- Experience scripting maintaining and executing automated Web Service and UI tests using Selenium Appium ReadyAPI or Postman.
- Experience creating automation strategies that can target high value tests from various layers of any application while utilizing tools and frameworks best suited for each use case.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills using all mediums and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with a positive attitude employing a team based approach
- Dedicated to improving and exceeding business and guest experiences
- Proven ability to meet timelines while delivering quality work
- Experience testing and designing tests for Native iOS and Android apps
- Experience and knowledge related to testing and development of test automation with the Flutter UI framework
- Showing initiative to identify and champion ideas for improving efficiency and effectiveness of development processes and follow through to completion of ideas including documentation
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet’s regional airline WestJet Encore we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America Central America the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests suppliers and the public as well as place WestJet’s operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet’s Alcohol and Drug Policy.
As a federally regulated company the WestJet group of companies is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to be compliant with the recently-announced vaccination mandate and to keep our guests/employees safe all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness equity and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet please visit WestJet.com.