Job Responsibilities : Structural Ironworkers
Salary : $68000 Per Year
Company : PCL Construction
Location : Alberta CA
Structural Ironworkers – Alberta Alberta (Job Number: 214107)
PCL Energy is seeking 100 Structural Ironworkers for Various Industrial Projects located throughout Alberta
Credentials: Journeyperson Ironworker Trade Certificate and / or holds a recognized credential
Completion 2 – 3 year apprenticeship program or over 3 years work experience in Ironworking trade and some Ironworking education
Work Conditions & Remuneration:
- PCL Energy Inc
- Base $42.33 per hour as per collective bargaining agreement with trade union
- Total renumeration as per collective bargaining agreement with trade union
- $140 Live out allowance and generous travel allowance paid for those who qualify
- 10 on 4 off Shift rotations
- Day and Night shifts available
- 10 hours per day/night: 8 hours Regular Time and 2 hours Overtime per day worked
- Permanent position 40-60 hours a week
- Two 30-minute breaks (first break paid)
Current Project locations:
- Maxim Power – Phase II HRSG 500-581073 Highway 43 NW MD of Greenview No. 16 Grande Cache AB T0E 0Y0
- Suncor Firebag Pad 131 Field Construction 885 Memorial Dr Fort McMurray AB T9H 0A8
- Capital Power Genesee Repowering Project Capital Power Genesee 50444 Highway 770 Warburg AB T0C 2T0
- Suncor South Edmonton Refinery – General Maintenance and Support Services – 2021/2022 Turnaround 801 Petroleum Way Sherwood Park AB T8H 2G2
- Cascade Power Plant 52505 Highway 47 AB T7E 3B9
Job Duties and expectations:
- Read blueprints and specifications to lay out the work
- Unload and stack steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Assemble rigging (cables pulleys hooks) to move heavy equipment and materials
- Inspect or test structures and equipment for deterioration defects or failure to comply with specifications or regulations
- Attach cables from a crane or direct crane operators with hand signals or radios according to blueprints
- Position steel units align holes and insert temporary bolts
- Check the alignments and join steel parts by bolting or tack welding them with an electric arc process
- Assemble and erect prefabricated metal structures
- Install structural metalwork such as curtain walls metal stairways railings and power doors
- Erect structural steel
- Install structural and architectural pre-cast concrete components
- The work is generally outdoors
- Working at heights
- Must have reliable transportation
- Safety training provided
- Pre access Drug and Alcohol testing
What you will bring to the role:
- Excellent communication skills good attitude and willing to learn
- Must be able to work in a team or alone
- Must be able to take direction
- Must be safety conscious and adhere to all PCL Energy safety processes and policies
Apply via the apply tab below
The future you want is within reach.
Learn more about PCL Energy and the rest of our PCL Family of Companies below:
Our PCL companies build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and we can help you build a career you’re proud of.
Our PCL companies are innovative safety-oriented family of companies comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations careers education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
Our PCL companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race color religion sex national origin sexual orientation gender identity age disability or veteran status.
Together we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
PCL Energy Inc.
10003 56 Ave NW