Job Responsibilities : Team Travel Advisor – Evenings/Weekend
Salary : $18 – $22 an hour
Company : Shorts Travel Management
Location : Remote US
Short’s Travel Management (STM) is a family-owned women-owned private corporation. We are sports travel experts specializing in team travel recruiting travel group hotels bus charters and air charters servicing hundreds of athletic departments each year. We move more student athletes than any other travel management company. STM’s mission is to enhance the experience of getting there being there and coming home. When you win we all win!
The STM team strives to drive innovation provide excellent service and display teamwork passion and dedication throughout the lifetime of our relationships. STM works with clients to customize travel programs to create efficiencies and maximize the value of our products and services.
As first contact for our Sports Travel clients this position is responsible for domestic and basic international customer travel requests for group travel and provides emergency and afterhours service for team travel. Work schedule can be flexible but will be covering evenings and/or weekend shifts. Position can be full or part-time.
Travel requests are received and responded to via all means of business contact (phone e-mail or portal) for air hotel and car reservations in an efficient courteous and timely manner. This position manages all functions relating to the booking administrative and accounting tasks necessary to process electronic or other travel documents as it relates to customer requests and industry requirements including support of on-line bookings. This position can be located in the Waterloo IA office or can work remotely from home.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge skills and abilities utilizing industry and proprietary technology including Smartpoint/Apollo.
- Communicates effectively and exhibits excellent customer service skills.
- Continuously strives to provide clients with a positive experience utilizing analytical and strategic skills.
- Positively contributes to the team environment.
- Understands the importance of quality and accountability with regards to revenue generating tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a good team player; dependable and reliable; flexible with the ability to multi-task.
- Positive Mindset
- Self-motivation / Drive
- Work Ethic / Ownership
- People-centric Leadership
- Objective Listening
- Collaborative Style
- Critical Thinking
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Ability to Multi-Task and Prioritize to Meet Deadlines
- Microsoft Office skills preferred (Word Excel Outlook)
- GDS internet Online booking tool and portal knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a travel consultant; Group/Sports Travel experience preferred.
- Smartpoint/Apollo experience is preferred.
- Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekend shifts required.
Compensation & Available Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation/Earned Time Off
Short’s Travel Management is an EOE employer.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.