Job Responsibilities : Product Manager, Communications Intelligence
Salary : $113000 per year
Company : Wayfair
Location : Remote US
Wayfair’s notifications platform processes 100+ million daily messages to customers and suppliers around the world. It takes some serious infrastructure to be Wayfair’s post office and we’re looking for a product manager to orchestrate our next-generation platform to drive even more personalization scale and resiliency.
The burning question: How do we make our customer conversations even better? Working with messaging product leads data science and marketing partners the PM will own the roadmap and execution for notifications intelligence which aims to be the authority on if and how we should communicate with our customers creating tools and technology to empower any team at Wayfair to confidently send the right communications to the right person on the right channel at the right time.
A successful candidate will utilize technical skills analytical expertise and problem solving abilities to help optimize our communication channel performance. They will be an expert on our communications data and infrastructure. They will help solve problems such as how to maximize the value of our list of acquired customers how to optimize messaging and timing for different channels and how to ensure we are getting the right message in front of our customers. This product position requires enough fluency in the underlying technologies to credibly engage developers and data scientists in conversations around testing architecture and delivery.
We are looking for a product athlete; fluent in Agile and leading frameworks with a history of successfully designing and launching B2B products. While preference is to have this position sit in Boston depending on the strength and experience of the candidate there is a possibility that this position can be remote with a 25% on-site/travel presence in Boston.
- Own product development and roadmaps for Wayfair’s notifications intelligence platform.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their businesses and co-develop solutions to supercharge growth improve customer satisfaction and engagement and increase automation.
- Work with external vendors to fully leverage their capabilities identify breakthrough opportunities and resolve operational issues.
- Use Agile processes to collaborate with Engineering and Data Science to execute on the roadmap while harnessing the power of emerging technologies.
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and progress throughout Wayfair from C-level stakeholders on down.
- Develop and monitor OKRs for key product initiatives and ensure alignment with stakeholder objectives.
- Work with leadership to improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Ad Technology and Customer Intelligence team.
Desired Skills / Experience
- 2+ years building high-volume message products or infrastructure with experience working for email marketing vendors email service providers or cloud service providers a plus.
- Solid understanding of the mechanics and lifecycle of email SMS and push notifications.
- Builder mentality – you think in terms of customer problems and technology solutions and have demonstrated success in creating business-focused products.
- E-commerce experience preferred but not required.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand the underpinnings of products to make key decisions as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists.
- Solid SQL data wrangling skills ability to create data stories and reports with visualization tools such as Looker and experience calling APIs using Python or other languages.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level.
- Positive people-oriented and energetic attitude.
- Understanding of email end-to-end delivery including IP addresses authentication etc. a plus
- A no excuses mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenacity while maintaining a grace-under-pressure demeanor.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth constant learning and dynamic challenges then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators risk-takers and trailblazers who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger smarter and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees customers community and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race color ethnicity ancestry religion sex national origin sexual orientation age citizenship status marital status disability gender identity gender expression veteran status or genetic information.