Job Responsibilities : Senior Software Engineer – Catalog
Salary : $172,500 – $207,000 a year
Company : Wayfair
Location : Remote US
Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love! Through technology and innovation we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings décor home improvement housewares and more.
The Build the Best Brands team is on the forefront of innovation at Wayfair and within the e-commerce space. Our team builds software products that enable creation storage and usage of high quality photorealistic digital media that allows our customers to find exactly what they want for their home. Wayfair Sells based on our images!
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for being a Technical Leader who will help architect design and implement the tools and services to power the workhorse that drives the usability of Wayfair’s digital assets.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a Technical Leader for a team of Software Engineers including mentoring breaking down work and guiding implementation
- Work cross-functionally with different roles and teams such as product management core areas of the business and other engineering teams to understand the problems we need to solve and solution against them
- Own the entire platform’s architecture and help make decisions to drive the technology platform and roadmap for the team to ensure current and future scalability and performance – you’ll be helping us solve some complex architectural problems!
- Implement and advocate for engineering best practices helping level up the engineers inside and outside your team
- Demonstrate the drive to improve the team at every step whether it’s leveling up your or the team’s knowledge making process improvements or rearchitecting our platform for the next level of scale
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years experience in Software Engineering with designing and building large scale platforms.
- Experience leading/supervising and/or mentoring Engineers leading code reviews and establishing best engineering practices.
- Passion for leading cross functional projects through collaboration and influencing design decisions.
- Deep understanding of modern programming languages such as Java Python C# Go Scala or similar languages.
- Ability to develop creative solutions with customer experience and scalability on top of mind.
- Experience developing microservices in highly available and large scale distributed systems.
- Experience deploying solutions into production within GCP AWS Azure or similar cloud platforms
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers product managers and business stakeholders alike.
The salary range for this position is $172500 to $207000 however base pay offered may vary depending on location job-related knowledge skills and experience. Restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package in addition to a full range of medical financial and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth constant learning and dynamic challenges then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators risk-takers and trailblazers who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger smarter and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees customers community and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race color ethnicity ancestry religion sex national origin sexual orientation age citizenship status marital status disability gender identity gender expression veteran status or genetic information.