Job Responsibilities : Work From Home: Customer Service Consultant
Salary : $15 an hour
Company : Wayfair
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
This is a virtual customer service associate position in the United States where you will work from your personal residence in a distraction free space. Please note we are only currently hiring in the following states: Washington Oregon and Nevada.
At Wayfair we believe a phenomenal customer experience combined with a supportive employee structure has resulted in our award-winning Customer Service Team.
This isn’t just about taking another phone call— this is about empowering our customers to create spaces reflecting who they are what they need and what they value. You’ll play a crucial role by providing a best in class experience when it’s most needed. Wayfair will give you the training tools and decision-making ability to help our customers find solutions that work best for them.
You will empathetically help customers navigate a variety of post-order issues such as: shipping questions damages returns replacements assembly services and order notifications.
No scripts. No canned responses. These are true human to human interactions where you can make a meaningful impact. Wayfair will invest in you with continuous development career opportunities and will surround you with a team of great people.
What Does a Service Associate Do?
- Demonstrates Reliability: Attendance and commitment to being present for your full shift each day is crucial. This helps ensure we’re ready and available to help our customers when they need us most. For unexpected events or issues we require our associates to be proactive in their communication and planning whenever possible.
- Handles a High Volume of Contacts: You will handle an estimated 50-60 phone calls per shift. This is a fast paced environment and highly structured. There is little down time in this position as you are typically on back to back calls during your shift.
- Meets Our High Performance Bar: You’ll work to exceed customer satisfaction excel in meeting customer service efficiency metrics and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Engages Customers: You’ll need a passion for people. You’ll be the voice of Wayfair and work to build a relationship with customers who contact us by inbound phone call chats and emails. Topics can range from returns replacements delivery product availability order status and more.
- Listens Actively and Shows Empathy: You will actively listen to understand relevant customer information to find the best way to solve their problem quickly and thoroughly.
- De-Escalates Customer Concerns: Most customers contact us because they’ve had a problem and need your help. You will use your conflict management skills to balance the needs of the customer with the options from the business while always maintaining a professional composure.
- Problem Solves: Solutions aren’t a one-size-fits-all approach so customer service associates do not read from pre-populated scripts. You will be given a level of autonomy to help customers find the right solution. You’ll need to think analytically to solve customer problems in a first contact resolution approach.
- Multitasks: You’ll need to juggle navigating multiple browsers tabs tools and screens in order to quickly and effectively answer questions. The ideal customer service representative will be familiar with computers and can effectively navigate technology on a daily basis.
- Escalates Systemic Issues: Help us continuously improve. You’ll identify areas where improvement is needed and share those trends with leadership.
What are the Pay & Benefits?:
- Hourly Pay rate: $15 an hour with tenure based increases as early as 6 months.
- Quarterly performance bonus of up to $2000
- Referral Bonus of $500 per eligible referral
- Health Vision and Dental Insurances (coverage starts on Day 1!)
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%
- Paid Time Off (start accruing time immediately)
- 7 Paid Federal Holidays and 1 Floating Holiday
- Paid / Unpaid Parental Leave options
- Eligible Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5250)
- Wayfair Employee Discount
- Volunteer Day for Community Service (Paid Day Off)
What are the Requirements?
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must hold a High School Diploma GED or equivalent.
- You will be required to hardwire your computer to a modem with minimum internet speeds of 25Mbps (download) and 5Mbps (upload). Wireless (WiFi) access is not permitted for use. All other necessary computer equipment and accessories are provided by Wayfair.
- A knowledge of working within Windows Operating Systems or equivalent.
- A private and dedicated workspace free of any distractions (roommates children spouses pets etc.) or noise (radio tv etc.)
- Wayfair wants to ensure your success. This is why our training is 100% mandatory. We are unable to accommodate any misses time off or tardiness during this time.
Why Wayfair Customer Service?
At Wayfair we care about our customers. Whether it’s over the phone or through chat or email this fast-paced environment allows us to provide solutions and ensure a seamless delivery experience wherever our customers feel most comfortable. We empower our award-winning Customer Service team to balance technology and human empathy to build customer trust and loyalty. We’ll provide the training tools and equipment—all you need is a love for problem solving and a dedication to a phenomenal customer experience.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth constant learning and dynamic challenges then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators risk-takers and trailblazers who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger smarter and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees customers community and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race color ethnicity ancestry religion sex national origin sexual orientation age citizenship status marital status disability gender identity gender expression veteran status or genetic information.