Job Responsibilities : Data Scientist
Salary : 90000 per Year
Company : Walmart
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
What you’ll do…
About Project Diamond
Project Diamond is an exciting and high-profile project at Walmart whose purpose is to solve the biggest inventory challenges in retail using Artificial Intelligence mobile devices and embedded systems. We are a fast-moving entrepreneurial team who recently graduated from Store No8 Walmart’s technology incubator into Walmart Global Tech. Does the process of building a product from scratch proving business value and rapidly scaling inspire you? Project Diamond might be just what you’re looking for!
Walmart Global Tech is transforming to meet the needs of the future of retail ensuring that Walmart is that place in which people can grow their careers and our organization ensures the best experience for the talent we manage and optimal service to the business. Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global Talent teams to influence talent strategy optimize the recruiting process and enable the business to make the best hiring decisions. This is that place where your passions meet purpose.
About the Role
As a Data Scientist III for Project Diamond your focus will be assisting in the developing state-of-the-art AI and Machine Learning models to break the barrier of innovation for challenges within our project and beyond. You will partner with other data scientists product engineering store operations and legal teams. You will need to be a self-starter and prolific learner with bias for action and excellent communication skills. Together we will pioneer technologies that reinvent the customer and associate experience new ways of working and new ways of shopping.
If you are motivated by complex purposeful challenges and can grow professionally in the Data Science field a Data Scientist III role within Project Diamond could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
What you’ll do
- Assist in the building of AI & ML models to solve Walmart biggest inventory challenges.
- Work with other Senior Data Scientists to analyze complex data elements and develop data models that are easily digestible to help the team make best decisions based off the data.
- Active participate in discovery sessions and experiments that lead to new groundbreaking model architectures and advancements in inventory management.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics Economics Analytics Mathematics Computer Science Information Technology or related field and 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and machine learning or Master’s degree in Statistics Economics Analytics Mathematics Computer Science Information Technology or related field and 2+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and machine learning.
- Understanding of model development model validation and model implementation.
Understadning of with any one of these libraries – Tensorflow Keras or PyTorch
- Experience writing complex SQL queries to surface insights from vast amounts of data.
- Comfortable implementing algorithms from scratch.
- Practical experience with cloud services (Google Cloud Platform Azure etc.)
What Wow Us
- Proficiency with Computer Vision concepts like image preprocessing image segmentation blob detection feature extraction using libraries like opencv.
- Production implementation of Computer Vision Models on large scale systems and mobile/edge devices.
- MLOps Thought Leadership.
- Extensive experience with big data technologies (e.g PySpark).
- Attitude to thrive in a fun fast-paced start-up like environment.
- Experience in production system operations (MLOps model scalability model inventory etc).
- Has ambition and vigor to add value to a rapidly growing development team.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match stock purchase plan paid maternity and parental leave PTO multiple health plans and much more.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics Economics Analytics Mathematics Computer Science Information Technology or related field and 2 years’ experience in an analytics or related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics Economics Analytics Mathematics Computer Science Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years’ experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science machine learning optimization models Master’s degree in Machine Learning Computer Science Information Technology Operations Research Statistics Applied Mathematics Econometrics Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python Spark Scala or R Using open source frameworks (for example scikit learn tensorflow torch)
2501 SE J STREET SUITE 6 BENTONVILLE AR 72712-7722 United States of America