Job Responsibilities : Virtual – Technical Support, Commercial Customer Tech. Support
Salary : $17.25 an hour
Company : Comcast
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
This is a work from home opportunity. Customer Care Techs are responsible for providing superior technical support & service to our small and medium business customers by promptly answering inquiries providing accurate information while troubleshooting and problem solving with customers. Contributes to projects as required. Has developed specialized knowledge/skills in own area. May act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Provides prompt resolution to customers via telephone and/or e-mail to assist with a variety of customer inquiries and issues.
- Strives for First Call Resolution while handling all issues with urgency ownership and accountability.
- Performs complex diagnostic troubleshooting to resolve voice video & data service issues.
- Responsible for fulfilling client requests to make changes to their Comcast Business Class Services including voice video & data products.
- Leverages a variety of software applications to manage customer account information and diagnose and resolve technical difficulties.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements & recommends solutions to leadership.
- Communicate effectively with customers in a professional manner while setting accurate expectations for issue resolution.
- Recognizes and diffuses difficult customer situations utilizing all resources interpersonal and negotiating skills to come to resolution.
- Ability to articulate relevant information regarding billing cycles processes and prorates effectively.
- Acts as a product consultant to business owners by articulating product features and benefits and making recommendations for new lines of business upgrades or other services (Signature Support Upware etc.) based on customer needs/interests. Supports growth of Comcast Business by introducing customer to new products higher tiers of service etc. on all eligible calls.
- Regular consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners users and advocates of our game-changing technology products and services especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other our customers investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race color religion age sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
High School Diploma / GED
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $17.25
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options expert guidance and always-on tools that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.