Job Responsibilities : Virtual Employee Engagement Manager
Salary : $21 per hour
Company : Chewy
Location : Remote US
Chewy is seeking a Manager, Virtual Employee Engagement to support Chewy’s mission to build a best-in-class Virtual Customer Service organization and deliver a 7-star employee experience. This is an exciting opportunity to drive a cultural transformation and support our transition to a Virtual Customer Service (VCS) organization at Chewy. You’ll work cross-functionally to develop strategies to create a meaningful employee experience from onboarding to offboarding. As part of our broader employee engagement work, you will partner closely with on-site engagement managers and company engagement councils to build a team member community that seamlessly includes virtual team members. You will design programs, processes, and initiatives that and bring our employee experience mission to life across all parts of Customer Service. A successful candidate cares deeply about building culture and has experience developing employee programs from the ground up in the virtual space.
What You’ll Do:
- Format and maintain an internal employee engagement portal with updated communications, events, tools, and resources, leveraging channels such as Slack to promote employee engagement.
- Identify and source virtual tools and resources to form a virtual team member community.
- Identify which programs translate or are independent in the virtual space versus brick and mortar.
- Analyze and review answers from internal survey questionnaires and communications to find trends in employee feedback.
- Leverage employee engagement survey data to understand engagement drivers and outcomes in VCS and apply design thinking to deliver 7-star team member experiences across the employee lifecycle.
- Create “out of the box” initiatives to enhance the virtual employee experience throughout the employee life cycle.
- Create and maintain a valuable feedback loop from engagement to operations on what opportunities exist and propose plans how to best support VCS operations.
- Manage programs and initiatives that focus on promoting employee appreciation and recognition.
- Lead and organize an internal committee and develop a company-wide calendar and produce events that provide meaningful experiences for employees to connect remotely.
- Create and design job embeddedness activities and events within Chewy and VCS team member communities.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of experience supporting or leading people programs in a virtual environment and using engagement software and technology to enhance the team member experience.
- Accurately assess candidates/employees’ needs, evaluate feedback, and translate those into actionable recommendations to improve company’s work environment.
- Meet with stakeholders to determine opportunities to increase the employee experience via alignment in efforts across different areas of responsibilities. Provide insight on organizational and change management techniques, while looking for opportunities to reinforce existing resources and programs through promotion and/or learning.
- Excellent presentation skills, writing, editing, and Excel manipulation – bring an ability to think and communicate information visually.
- Proven success building and implementing programs that inform and delight employees in a virtual environment.
- Experience supporting
- Manage day-to-day employee engagement projects and programs to drive employee engagement and foster a high-performance culture. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and shift priorities depending on business demands.
- Passion for developing culture and desire to champion a new employee engagement strategy at Chewy.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Some travel may be required.