Job Responsibilities : Social Marketing Manager
Salary : $105,000 – $195,000 a year
Company : Verizon
Location : Remote US
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology and the space to create within every role. Together we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
Visible & You
Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Best Telecom Brand in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple accessible and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US which means we have no stores no call centers and no paper bills allowing us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry – and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon but operates uniquely inside the larger entity taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness – disruption innovation and culture – while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes) check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
In this hybrid role you’ll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings. We are hiring in the following locations: Irvine CA Denver CO Dallas TX Alpharetta GA Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
The Head of Social will lead a passionate team personifying the Visible brand and creating a community to transform into a brand loved by the digital generations. Social is the way our members and prospectives communicate. You and your team will be the front lines of understanding what is most important to them socially culturally and help connect that to our product. Your vision and strategy will activate these audiences to share refer and engage with Visible! Your impact will be broad and will ultimately drive growth of this wireless brand. You are a social first thinker and a fierce defender of and champion for our communities.
You’ll be a cross-functional leader in the social space as the key expert of the organization who will provide leadership and guidance on paid and organic content. You’ll work closely with data and analytics teams to ensure that we’re constantly learning and iterating to be better every day. You’ll be leading the social agency and driving paid social content development with our AOR.
- Lead the development and execution (with the team and agencies) of the social media strategy.
- Establish metrics that matter and a reporting cadence for social influencer and community management.
- Elevate our social media presence across the right/best channels/platforms ensuring connection with our existing and prospective members.
- Lead external agencies and be the subject matter expert at Visible with internal partners to develop social plans that will drive community and member affinity awareness of our brand and ultimately to help drive growth.
- Develop a content strategy and plan oversee production and ensure measurement analytics and feedback loop are connected to drive results.
- Use insight tools to develop meaningful audience insights that improve relevance into creative programs.
- Develop strategic briefs to fulfill the strategy and campaign work required that includes a test and learn plan and ensures high-quality execution.
- Ensure the team is set up to respond quickly and able to pivot as we learn how to best optimize based on insights/learnings/analysis and breaking trends.
- Mentor and motivate the team to be the best social media influencer and community experts.
- Stay connected with the paid media team and publisher/platform partners to ensure we’re always leaning into new opportunities and testing/learning/leading.
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Eight or more yearsof relevant work experience at an agency or brand.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; previous direct management a plus.
- Experience having developed and implemented social marketing plans that drove brand affinity and also connect to business goals.
- Experience driving social-first initiatives that are driven by cultural/social insights and expand to influence cross marketing work.
- Ability to think differently take risks and try new approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong prioritization skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable and able to make changes quickly and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work within a team environment.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits short term incentives 401 (k) Savings Plan stock incentive programs paid time off parental leave adoption assistance and tuition assistance plus other incentiveswe’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location the compensation range for this position is between $105000 and $195000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences including race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age disability and Veteran status. At Verizon we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued connected and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g. for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.