Job Responsibilities : Immigration Consultant
Salary : $68000 per year
Company : Verizon
Location : Remote US
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology and the space to create within every role. Together we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
As an Immigration Consultant the work you’ll be doing will help our employees obtain and maintain the ability to work for Verizon and deliver great value to the business and our customers. Your role will be pivotal in supporting our immigration program and activities while working with internal and external partners to ensure the compliance with Verizon’s policies and practices.
- Work with multi-disciplinary internal teams to support Verizon’s immigration program including: Consulting with HR Business Partners Senior Executives and Hiring Managers; Initiating immigration cases with external vendors; Providing advice and guidance to internal stakeholders regarding immigration processes and procedures; Articulating and organizing immigration and assignment processes and; Responding to employee inquiries and requests for immigration related letters and documents.
- Communicate clearly and effectively on Verizon’s immigration policies and requirements government procedures and processing times to HR Business Partners employees and appropriate business stakeholders.
- Consult with HR Business Partners on concerns/issues related to sponsorship of employees.
- Coordinate with immigration vendors to complete and monitor the progress of immigration-cases and applications.
- Reconcile invoices related to Verizon’s immigration program.
- Maintain track and provide periodic reports and analysis of Verizon’s immigration program and employee data as required.
Where you’ll be working…
In this remote role you’ll work from home with occasional in-person trainings and meetings. This position allows you to sit in any valid Verizon domestic location.
What we’re looking for…
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years of immigration or related experience including experience with corporate immigration programs or in a law firm setting.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Working knowledge of various types of employment immigration nonimmigrant and immigrant visa and current issues surrounding immigration.
- A strong detail-orientation and organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fluid fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences including race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age disability and Veteran status. At Verizon we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued connected and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g. for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.