Job Responsibilities : Strategy Consultant II
Salary : $111000 per year
Company : USAA
Location : Remote US
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Strategy Consultant II for our locations in Charlotte San Antonio and Austin. This role can also be performed in a 100% remote work environment.
Utilizes expertise industry experience analysis and innovation to provide insights that inform and shape strategy recommendations for internal clients. Articulates hypotheses and underlying assertions and develop fact base to test same. Leverages analytics executes work plans delivers final outcomes recommendations and action plans for the client. Effectively collaborates with LOB/Staff area project champions and key stakeholders to maximize execution likelihood and impact of the strategy.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified measured monitored and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies standards and procedures for business activities.
- Assists with developing fact base and hypothesis tree for a subset of the strategic problem/question.
- Gathers information analyzes data trends and synthesizes data into targeted actionable insights. Leverages developing data-driven problem-solving techniques and analytical rigor to manipulate interpret and study competitive intelligence and business data to translate into insights for strategy development.
- Prepares supporting data and materials for compelling presentations to inform and influence key stakeholders.
- May participate in key stakeholder meeting updates.
- Participates as a team resource.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business Engineering or Science discipline; OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required.
- 2 years demonstrated experience in technical consulting skills.
- Developing knowledge of data analysis.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis tools.
- Developing Technical Consulting Skills such as Primary Market research (e.g. interviews); Secondary Market research (e.g. desk research); Data analysis (e.g. what-if sensitivity etc.); Written Communications; PowerPoint / Excel; Teaming.
- Corporate strategy experience
- Business line strategy experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $60300 – $108600 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location). Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
- Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift Premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical financial and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical dental and vision plans 401(k) pension life insurance parental benefits adoption assistance paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours and various wellness programs. Additionally our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals. Please visit USAA Total Rewards for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.