Job Responsibilities : Bank Disputes Specialist (Remote)
Salary : $55000 per year
Company : USAA
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Purpose of Job
Let’s do something that really matters.
At USAA we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation’s military but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re over 37000 strong working as one to create a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty integrity loyalty and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
**We are currently looking for a Bank Disputes Specialist II – This is a REMOTE opportunity supporting the San Antonio and Tampa location.**
**Working and Training Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm CST.**
This role is considered a sensitive position in which individuals have the authority and ability to conduct in-scope activities (movement of USAA or Member funds). Employees in sensitive positions are required to fulfill a Mandatory Time-Away (MTA) requirement of 10 consecutive business days each calendar year as defined within the enterprise compliance policy.
As a Bank Dispute Specialist you will work under direct supervision protects the financial interests of USAA and our members by conducting investigations of member claims. You’ll also research analyze and process dispute inquiries for financial transactions related to debit credit deposit accounts in an attempt to recover funds for the member in accordance with all Regulatory Requirements and Association rules. You will engage in customer service activities to resolve member needs and provide appropriate resolution. USAA operates in a strong compliance and risk management environment where performance is measured while ensuring constant support of our members.
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified measured supervised and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies standards and procedures for business activities.
- Uses growing knowledge of bank card rules and Federal Regulation to accurately identify issues and find the best solution to recover funds.
- Resolves routine and moderately complex member disputes processes the issuance and removal of provisional credit and issuance of permanent credit to member accounts as needed.
- Resolves card holder liability based on results of reasonable investigation and removal of associated credits.
- Documents the results of the case in the appropriate case management system (DCC EWL First Track ODOC etc.).
- Maintains compliance quality and efficiency standards that are aligned with individual scorecards.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required.
- 1 year of customer contact experience in a financial services organization to include dispute processing and/or conflict resolution.
- 1 year of analytical problem-solving experience.
- Experience working under Banking Regulations and Bank Card Association Rules to include Reg E and/or Reg Z as well as UDAAP and all applicable financial regulations.
- Experience working in specific systems and tools (to include Windows operating system environment Microsoft Office Fidelity and/or Visa Online).
- Knowledge of federal laws rules and regulations to include: TILA/REG Z– Billing errors Reg E – Error resolution UDAAP.
- Must need to have experience working with Zelle Disputes and Bill Pay items.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The hiring range for this position is: $43680 – $61900.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: Addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical financial and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical dental and vision plans 401(k) pension life insurance parental benefits adoption assistance paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours and various wellness programs. Additionally our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.