Job Responsibilities : Clinical Administrative Coordinator – Telecommute in TX
Salary : 41000 per Year
Company : UnitedHealthcare
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions across borders and most of all in the way we think. Here innovation isn’t about another gadget it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Like you UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you we’ll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative productive and positive for our members and providers. You’ll have the opportunity to do live outreach educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have a chance to make an impact.
If you are located within the state of Texas you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage administrative intake of members
- Work with hospitals clinics facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and/or providers
- Process incoming and outgoing referrals and prior authorizations including intake notification and census roles
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents/triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review
- Handle resolution/inquiries from members and/or providers
This is high volume customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience working within the health care industry or with health care insurance
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Reside in Texas
- Designated workspace inside the home with access to high – speed internet availability (Provided by UHG)
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time for office meetings (14141 SW Freeway Sugar Land TX 77478)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination and boosters when applicable prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience working in a call center
- Experience with MS Word Excel (create edit save documents) and Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Proficient skills in data gathering research documentation and data entry.
- Reside within a commutable distance to the office: 14141 SW Freeway Sugar Land TX 77478
To protect the health and safety of our workforce patients and communities we serve UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination including boosters as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That’s why you’ll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease diabetes HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic outcomes-based approach considers social behavioral economic physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.