Job Responsibilities : UN Travel Counselor
Salary : $46500 per year
Company : American Express Global Business Travel
Location : Remote US
Overview of Role:
The Specialist Traveler Counsellor role at GBT is to deliver exceptional travel service experience for our Corporate and Business Travel Customers. By working together as a high performing team who are specialized with in depth knowledge our Travel Counsellors provide exceptional traveler care first call resolution and the highest quality of customer service to GBT corporate clients.
It is a high touch service environment where you will have true accountability for the service relationship and customer experience. The role will specialize in supporting C level executives support escalated customer service resolution of complex client or vendor issues reported and/or provide a multiple language service to clients. They may be in a supporting function that requires a high level of expertise as well as supporting other travel Counsellor peers in skill development in the creation of travel arrangements including air hotel and ground transportation as efficiently as possible while maximizing supplier revenue.
The role will form part of a highly skilled team of Corporate Travel Counsellors located virtually from home at one of our Business Travel Center or on-site at client locations. The role will report to a Team Coach.
- Act as Travel Counsellor to Corporate Business travelers. This may include individual corporate travelers or groups of corporate travelers.
- Arrange domestic and international business travel for air road rail and accommodation utilizing the assigned GDS to C-Level/VIP customers.
- Proactively sell additional services for our travelers e.g. Hotel and Car.
- Service online requests for clients where online services decentralized through offline servicing team. This could include navigational support depending on client contract.
- Prioritize workload daily and effectively. Manage queue and buddy’s as applicable to ensure files are reviewed and ticketed.
- Deliver expectations on performance goals and support all business Key Performance Indicators. Proactively access Compass to check on and improve performance
- Ensure all tools resources and Uconnect sites set up and ready to ensure pro-active research of policies and procedures taking care to avoid errors.
- Investigate and correct errors researching procedures and/or undertaking training to avoid reoccurrence
- Proactively support and advise customers ensuring a highly professional service and resolving queries or issues at point of sale.
- Ensure customer travel profiles are detailed and accurate following internal compliance and regulatory requirements for all customers and locations supported.
- Manage the booking process through the ticketing and order fulfilment across a range of customer channels able to discuss different currency and payment methods and options.
- Comply with all legal standard requirements including mandatory training compliance and sanctions.
- Act in accordance with all GBT policies and procedures
- Operate in a Multi-Channel servicing environment where you are accountable to key performance indicators of success such as customer satisfaction (CSAT) key productivity metrics (for example call adherence and call service metrics
- Perform international rate function
- Supporting group travel bookings.
- Action review and present to customer BTA reconciliations.
- Review/action Travel Counsellor reservations/PNR for ticketing quality/accuracy client escalations or lowest fare (e.g. CSI/CSR Trailblazer)
- Express enthusiasm and energy within the organization and always act according to company ethics values and Compliance guidelines.
Key Qualifications and Attributes
- In depth knowledge of:
- International air hotel car and rail booking
- High touch customer service
- High proficiency in one or more of the following GDS SABRE
- Experience working in a high touch service environment where performance is measured via customer satisfaction revenue and servicing targets
- Detailed understanding of fares and ticketing rules – domestic and international land air and sea travel
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Influencing skills
- Passion for Excellence in Customer Service with attention to detail
- Ability to act with integrity when handling personal and confidential traveler information
- Problem Solving with a process improvement mindset
- Ability to multi-task and act with a sense of urgency
- Possess a strong understanding of travel trends and industry best practices
- Background in Business Travel leisure or airline reservation required
- Fluency in additional languages an asset
United States – Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to age gender gender identity sexual orientation race color religion creed national origin disability genetic information veteran status citizenship or marital status and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement