Job Responsibilities : UI Software Engineer (E5) – Netflix.com
Salary : $99881 per year
Company : Netflix
Location : Remote US
Remote United States
Client and UI Engineering
Netflix has been changing the way people watch TV and movies for over 25 years with more than 220 million subscribers across the globe.
The Member Web UI team is responsible for building the best possible experience across different browsers and devices for our members on Netflix.com. With native browser streaming we value creating a highly optimized application that can run on various networks while using React and Node.js to create an immersive user interface.
We work with cross-functional partners ranging from product managers designers and data scientists to build exciting new features with A/B tests. The versatility of the web platform enables us to test features and gain valuable product insight.
Who You Are
- A systems thinker who can reason through the interactions of complex services to understand technical and business tradeoffs.
- An open and proactive communicator who shares context ideas and feedback.
- You effectively collaborate with partners from across the company with various backgrounds and points of view.
- You are self-directed and curious. Our team sets up our processes and drives technical decisions.
What You Will Do
- Build consumer-facing features at scale with accessibility and localization in mind that contributes to the innovation of the netflix.com member experience.
- Drive a project from concept to production through experimentation while working closely with cross-functional teammates across Netflix.
- Provide feedback guidance and advocate performant and maintainable code through code reviews and conversations.
- Continue your education to gain insights on how to improve test stability performance and the end consumer experience.
What Sets You Apart?
- You consider and value technical areas to support a web-based application at scale.
- You can work through ambiguous requirements to produce elegant solutions.
- We believe safe spaces where everyone can be their authentic selves is the key to a successful team so we welcome and embrace all identities cultures and backgrounds.
- Our US-based team is happy to embrace remote work.
Netflix is a global entertainment company with over 220M members around the world. The Client and UI Engineering organization is passionate about building fantastic customer experiences on every internet-connected device imaginable. We live and breathe our freedom & responsibility culture.