Job Responsibilities : Truck Driver I
Salary : 30000 per Year
Company : Rexel Energy Solutions
Location : Indianapolis, IN US
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort security and energy performance of installations infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
We are seeking a Warehouse Driver Associate to join our RES team in Indianapolis IN!
The Truck Driver I is responsible for delivering products to/from customers company branch/warehouse locations and company suppliers in a delivery van or box truck (No CDL required). Responsible for ensuring that deliveries are prepared to meet customer requirements in the most efficient manner and materials are correct and free of damage.
What You’ll Do
- Inspects company vehicle for visual and operating defects. Responsible for completing a daily inspection report
- Keeps company vehicle clean serviced and maintained. Alerts supervisor of repair and/or service needed
- Must follow Department of Transportation (DOT) local and state driving laws and regulations
- Loads or unloads vehicle; and ensures all material for each order is correct (quantity and type of material) and that material is free of damage before departure
- May assist in preparing orders for delivery
- Ensures all appropriate documentation is thoroughly completed at the time of delivery including delivery receipt is signed by the customer packing list and branch/warehouse manifest
- Picks up material returns from customers. Responsible for inspecting the condition of the material and verifies quantities and catalog numbers
- Picks up material from company suppliers
- May be required to support other Warehouse duties such as preparing and filling orders and/or receiving stocking staging and shipping material
- Other duties as assigned
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties knowledge skills and abilities needed to perform the job. Please note that management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery integrity and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Rexel USA.
What You’ll Need
- In lieu of experience must attend company driver training
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass a pre-employment and annual review of their Motor Vehicle Record
- Must obtain verification of non-expired medical certificate as required by law within 60 days of hire
- Must not have had a suspended drivers’ license for a traffic accident/violation within the past 3 years
- Must not have any at fault accidents in the past 3 years
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle loads with a combine weight not to exceed 26000 GVW
- Ability to handle basic issues and problems
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations and be familiar with traffic and driver laws
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes schedules safety procedures and transportation laws
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work overtime as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle feel or operate objects tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk sit climb balance stoop kneel crouch crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision color vision peripheral vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles due to high levels of dust and dirt. The warehouse environment has no means of temperature control; therefore the temperature is dependent upon weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
“Rexel USA (A VEVRAA Federal Contractor) and its affiliated companies is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.”
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance Legal Assistance Critical Illness Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Truck Driver I
Rexel USA is a VEVRAA federal contractor and an EEO/AA employer. (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with a Disability) We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued treated with dignity and respect and empowered to do their best work. If you encounter difficulty using our online application system due to disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation email email@example.com or call
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis