Job Responsibilities : Travel Consultant
Salary : $45900 per year
Company : BCD Travel Corporate
Location : Remote US
Are you passionate about the Travel Industry and looking for the next career move? Do you have outstanding GDS and Group Booking skills? If this sounds like you keep reading and apply today!
Full-time (virtual) Homebased in the US
We’re BCD Travel one of the world’s leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don’t just take our word for it: we’ve been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People Flexjobs and Forbes.
In this role you will be the support person for group voice and/or email bookings for centralized Group Air Department. You will be the primary point of contact for the customer and provide active travel consultation towards the business customers including travel details and up-selling of related product. This position performs at an expert/senior level and demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the travel industry.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Search and confirm travel reservations for the customer
- Strong understanding of a client travel policy and can consistently provide consultation to the customer
- Fulfill all requests regarding necessary regulations (DOT TSA passports visas etc.)
- Provide the client with the required industry information such as low fares exchange costs and penalties
- Adhere to BCD Travel policies and procedures to maintain quality control
- Seek opportunities to review operational processes and commercial relationships with client to provide suggestions for improvement
- Apply proper BCD Travel communication guidelines and standards (clear concise and personal) to interactions
- Maintain actively communicates and seeks expansion of current knowledge of the state of the various travel industries supported
How you can set yourself apart
- Relevant travel agent experience in the entertainment industry
- Strong group booking skills
- Solid working knowledge of the travel industry policies procedures and processes
- Advanced skills on travel industry systems GDS Sabre
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- You demonstrate excellent internet research skills for client information
What we offer you
At BCD Travel we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication collaboration and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique often global experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others is also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel drive savings and satisfaction and move whole companies toward their goals. In short we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98% the highest in the industry. For more information visit www.bcdtravel.com.
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the ‘notify me’ button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
- Note: We’ll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.