Job Responsibilities : Bilingual Document Specialist (Remote – Overnight shift)
Salary : $52000 Per Year
Company : McCarthy Tetrault
Location : Remote CA
At McCarthy Tétrault we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence collaboration innovation thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Overnight shift (remote): Tuesday to Saturday 12:00 am to 8:00 am EST
As a Bilingual Document Specialist you will be:
Providing firm-wide document support using your advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word Excel PowerPoint and Visio) by:
- Creating various legal and other documents through copy typing transcription scanning or other methods.
- Converting styles performing mail merges inserting media into presentations creating tables working with graphs and objects.
- Proofreading and checking documents for appropriate formatting spelling grammar and sense/clarity.
- Correcting document corruption document version comparisons and checking for accurate revisions.
- Responding promptly to requests meeting deadlines and working cooperatively with other departments and individuals within the Firm.
- Managing the intake process of all document production requests and document support requests which includes prioritizing and coordinating work for completion.
- Applying word processing expertise to be able to work on complex legal and other documents.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Advanced-level technical skills in MS Office (Excel Outlook PowerPoint and Word).
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Strong attention to detail and superior word processing spelling proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of legal terminology documents and procedures are an asset.
- Transcription experience is an asset.
As a member of the McCarthy team you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation and generous time off including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply: