Job Responsibilities : Quality Engineer
Salary : $18 per hour
Company : Tesla
Location : Remote
- Work with Manufacturing and Design Engineering to determine product specifications and tolerances.
- Establish criteria for Part Inspection Standards based on product specification and process critical requirements.
- Support the development of DFMEAs to determine potential risks in product design and support resolution of high-risk issues design features.
- Lead and maintain PFMEAs to determine potential risks in manufacturing and drive resolution of high-risk issues into process controls.
- Establish and maintain Control Plans to assure critical features are controlled and monitored through the assembly/production processes.
- Develop and implement Quality Key Points for visual inspection that meets product specifications used by in process inspections and quality audits.
- Review and provide disposition to non-conforming material.
- Lead and facilitate sorting activity and drive part improvement with suppliers on part non-conformances.
- Lead Containment activity on non-conforming material by determining appropriate suspect range to quarantine and provide disposition of material.
- Able to perform and lead Problem Solving activities for quality issues through root cause investigation and development/implementing preventative and corrective actions.
- Track quality performance metrics, prioritize top issues and drive continuous improvement activities with cross-functional team
- Assist in the development and improvement of the Quality Management System.
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the Tesla team to make it more efficient, safer and an enjoyable place to work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships throughout the Tesla organization.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
- Maintain top level professional integrity
- People Management
- Must have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Customer focused
- Ability to work independently
- Strong quality mindset
- Highly adaptable
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, etc) or other technical discipline.
- Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA required.
- Specific training and demonstrated success in applying quality problem solving methods such as fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc.
- Experience with various reliability test techniques including HALT and HASS testing.
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
- Must be very comfortable with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.