Job Responsibilities : TEMPORARY – Disaster Relief Support Representative
Salary : $19 – $20 an hour
Company : TELUS International
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Join a company that appreciates your energy drive and enthusiasm just as much as your skills. The majority of our directors and managers started their careers as frontline team members. And yes we offer competitive salaries and benefits. But even better – it’s our caring culture that defines who we are and why you’ll want to become part of our family.
TELUS International Inc operates in 24 different countries including the US with over 50000 team members. And now we are launching our newest contact center site in North Charleston to be specific! We’re looking for great local talent to work in our exciting and engaging new site.
Location of Work:
This position is a work-from-home opportunity with the North Charleston SC surrounding area. All candidates must be able to meet the work-from-home requirements listed below and be able to commute to our North Charleston Office should it be required at any point in time (ie equipment pickup or technical difficulties at home).
Disaster Relief Support Representatives will assist callers with questions and concerns around local and state emergencies and entering data based on those customers’ claims. This position will be in a high volume fast paced and multi-tasking environment. We are looking for individuals who will help customers in need via telephone and handle online chat and email.
This position is only temporary and may last up to 90 days. The duration of this assignment may end at any time based on business needs.
Required Experience Skills & Competencies:
- Very customer service focused able to deal with customers in a friendly and polite manner
- Passionate about customer service and being an advocate for our customers
- An effective team player who can also work independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to change efficiently
- Proven ability to deal with problems and solve them effectively
- Excellent written and spoken English language communication skills
- Robust multi-tasking skills (e.g. able to log calls and interact with the customer simultaneously)
- Professional phone demeanor
- Flexibility to work a 40 hr work week during any day/any shift as needed within the program’s hours of operation: 24 hours per day | 7 days a week.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a federal background check
- Dedicated private home workspace free of distractions and interruptions
- Established home internet connectivity; minimum internet download speed of 15 mbps | upload speed of 10 mbps
- Understand own network environment at home
- Ability to troubleshoot own devices & connectivity
- Equipment will be provided by TELUS International
TELUS recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful all applicants must demonstrate behaviors that are reflective of our values:
- We passionately put our customers and communities first
- We embrace changes and innovate courageously
- We grow together through spirited teamwork
At TELUS we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Remote