Job Responsibilities : Desktop Support Specialist (On Site)
Salary : 56000 Per Year
Company : Siemens Canada Limited – RuggedCom
Location : Concord, ON CA
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges customer needs and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging challenging and fast evolving cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022 Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
- Providing first level incident support and resolution (software and Hardware)
- Resolving OS Application Network Internet Email Input and Output device issues
- Escalating issues to Level 2 resources efficiently
- IT Asset Management
- Updating information within the Ticketing System and documenting as necessary
- Following up with end users for status and/or confirming the resolution meets expectations
- Working closely with IT team members to ensure policies and procedures instructions and guidelines of the IT department are followed
- Conducting incident reviews to identify reoccurring problems
- Assist the senior system and network admin for server operations and maintenance
- Assist the senior system and network admin for network operations and maintenance
- Perform user training
- Performs other duties as assigned
What will you need to succeed?
- College or University Degree with an IT background
- At least 2 years of experience in a Help Desk or System Administration role
- Experience with Windows desktop server support and networking support
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- A+ Certification is an asset
- Cisco CCNA is an asset
- Microsoft Certification is considered an asset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence innovation quality and reliability. Active across Canada the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385000 towards charitable contributions support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited – RuggedCom
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates service providers and agents you consent to our collection use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents vous nous autorisez à recueillir à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.