Job Responsibilities : KENNEL TECHNICIAN I
Salary : $17 per hour
Company : Mobile County Personnel Board
Location : Mobile County, AL
Educational requirements : High School
- Feeds waters and grooms impounded animals.
- Cleans and disinfects cages floors and walls of kennels.
- Monitors animals for illness disease and/or injury and reports same to supervisor.
- Administers medications and vaccinations.
- Euthanizes sick suspicious or unclaimed animals.
- Performs surgical decapitation of diseased animals for rabies testing.
- Disposes of bodies of dead animals.
- Interacts with the public to provide adoption of available pets and to ensure the return of animals to the proper owners.
- Uses appropriate tools to handle animals in a manner that protects the safety of the employee animal coworkers and the public.
- Transports animals to veterinarian.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of kennel supplies and materials.
- Works weekends on a rotational basis as assigned.
- Performs related work as required.