Job Responsibilities : Technical Support Engineer – Remote US
Salary : $67400 per year
Company : Talend
Location : Remote US
WHO WE ARE:
Talend a leader in data integration and data governance is changing the way the world makes decisions. In order to compete and win IT and business leaders need data that they can trust and understand instantly. Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete clean and uncompromised data in real-time to all employees. It has made it possible to create innovations like the Talend Trust Score™ an industry-first assessment that instantly quantifies the reliability of any data set.
Over 7250 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry media.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion Agility Team Spirit and Integrity. Every one of our 1400 employees brings a certain
je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
The Support Engineer will represent Talend to deliver exceptional technical support to customers through phone email and chat to resolve technical issues (cases).
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with customers or internal team members.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility accountability and teamwork.
- Manage and resolve support cases with a high degree of technical complexity.
- Coordinate across numerous departments while driving issues to resolution.
- Have demonstrated experience using trace analysis debugging and source code to find workarounds and reproduce product issues.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products and take ownership for identifying product improvements.
- Share knowledge with team members and develop customer solutions efficiently.
- Contribute to company knowledge content (KB Communities etc.)
- Learn to use and support Talend products.
- Work effectively and manage your queue with minimal supervision.
- Mentor new employees in product/processes
- Be a technical customer advocate for our Talend Success Program
- Participate in rotational weekend on-call shifts
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidate is expected to possess strong logical problem-solving abilities exceptional communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Understanding of client/server networking and Internet technology fundamentals is required.
- Academic or comparable experience with an object-oriented programming language required. Hands-on experience with Java or scripting experience is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting or debugging on Linux or Windows is required. Experience troubleshooting on Mac OS is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of relevant technical support experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of XML/XSD and modeling frameworks like UML is preferred.
- Working knowledge of an SQL-based Database is required. General knowledge of the database market (e.g. RDBMS and NoSQL) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of web service concepts and familiarity with SOAP REST WSDL CXF Camel and JMS are preferred.
- Understanding Hadoop and the cloud ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA or Salesforce is a plus.
The base salary range for this role for candidates in the U.S. will be $64000 – $86000 USD DOE. In addition to your base salary you will also be offered a 10% bonus and benefits. A detailed list of our company benefits offered to hires based in the USA can be found at the following link: https://usbenefits.talend.com/
AND NOW A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- 7250+ global customers rely on Talend for their data health
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools by Gartner (for the 7th year in a row)
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools by Gartner (for the 4th year in a row)
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric (for the 2nd time in a row)
- Top 100 best Leadership teams 2022 by Comparably.com
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and if we can be honest we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer Talend believes our success depends on diversity inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers and we recruit develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need merit capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us via email to request an accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We appreciate your interest in Talend.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Talend SAS and its affiliates (Talend) have an internal recruiting or talent acquisition department (“TA”). Talend may supplement this internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies placement services and professional recruiters (Agency). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Talend employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. To protect the interests of all parties Talend will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Talend including unsolicited resumes sent to a Talend mailing address fax machine email address or any other means directly to Talend employees or to Talend’s resume database will be considered Talend property and therefore will NOT be liable for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by an officer of Talend or his or her designee. No other Talend employee is authorized to bind Talend to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies. Talend hereby specifically rejects and denies any liability under any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent negotiation with a candidate performance or any means other than the signature of a Talend officer.