Job Responsibilities : Passport Specialist
Salary : $41,981 – $82,693 a year
Company : US Department of State – Agency Wide
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
- Receives examines and adjudicates applications for the issuance amendment and replacement of passports forwarded by acceptance agents of presented by applicants of applicant representatives.
- Examines evidence of citizenship submitted with applications to determine and judge authenticity and adequacy in relation to laws regulation and procedures associated with the issuance of passports.
- Identifies gaps or inconsistencies in documentary evidence and seeks to reconcile same through judicious questioning of walk-in applicants or through requests for additional documentary evidence.
- Maintains constant ness to the possibility of fraudulent documentation or claims of identity. In cases where fraud is suspected competes Suspected Fraudulent Application form indicating the reason for suspicion.
- Provides advice and assistance to lower grade Specialist and participates in the on-the-job training of new examiners as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify including your right