Job Responsibilities : Home Based Sr Specialist RedCard Guest Contact
Salary : $18 an hour
Company : TARGET
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Apply today! Hourly rate is $18.00/hour. This role is a work from home position and requires residency and maintaining residency in (Minnesota CST Wisconsin CST Texas CST South Dakota CST or Arizona MST) if offered the role.
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350000 team members worldwide Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are and we invest in the places we collectively live work and play. We prioritize relationships fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities and succeed as one Target team. At our core our purpose is ingrained in who we are what we value and how we work. It’s how we care grow and win together.
The Financial and Retail Services (FRS) organization is close to the action when it comes to communication—whether with guests or Target team members. From guest service professionals and product designers to vendor managers and financial and workforce management analysts FRS comprises several key and high-visibility areas that elevate and nurture Target’s distinctive reputation. We cultivate loyalty and satisfaction through exceptional service and support. And we foster a culture of responsive knowledgeable and committed service—from the inside out—through enterprise services our people can count on.
FRS has multiple service centers focused on delivering a superior experience with every contact and providing the quick and seamless resolution of issues on behalf of our guests and team members. From RedCard® Guest Services to Target.com Guest Services (TGS) to the Client Support Center (CSC) we pride ourselves on infusing every interaction with that signature Target service that guests and team members alike have come to expect. From our headquarter locations to our stores and distribution centers we directly support Target’s bottom line through building guest loyalty as the retailer of choice and taking care of our team members so that they can get back to the work they do best.
As a Home Based Sr. Specialist in RedCard Guest Contact (RGC) you will assist guests with Target Mastercard Target Debit Card and Target Card needs through incoming calls. You will appropriately establish relationships with guests by making strong connections and adding value to each guest experience in order to drive guest loyalty and increase sales. You will be expected to go beyond the guest’s initial question or concern and promote credit & retail products and initiatives. You will be responsible for the following primary duties: supporting general account maintenance for Target Mastercard Target Debit Card & Target Card products; providing support for authorization calls from both guests and Target Stores team members to assist with processing transactions; effectively handling escalated calls to address and resolve guest issues and concerns; attempting to retain accounts by appropriately educating guests on RedCard benefits in response to account closure requests; understanding and adhering to established policies and procedures to support compliance with applicable regulations; and meeting department performance expectations and goals related to overall performance. Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Start date: 09/19/2022
- Day 1 Schedule: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm MST / 11:00 am – 7:30 pm CST
- Training (Post Day 1): 9:00 am – 5:30 pm MST / 11:00 am – 7:30 pm CST
- Training Duration: 8 weeks
- Hours per week: 40 hours the first 8 weeks/ 32-40 hours post training based on business need
Schedule (Post Training): Schedules are available that fall within the hours below. More information will be provided during the recruitment process.
March – November Schedule (Daylight Savings Time DST)
- 6:00 am – 8:00 pm DST
- 8:00 am – 10:00 pm CST
November – March Schedule
- 6:00 am – 9:00 pm MST
- 7:00 am – 10:00 pm CST
Weekend requirement: Every other weekend rotation beginning 11/19 with a variable day off when working weekends.
Schedules may change due to business needs and candidates are expected to have availability to work the needed hours/days.
- Reside within one of the following states and time zones:
- Arizona (Mountain Standard Time Zone)
- Minnesota (Central Time Zone)
- South Dakota (Central Time Zone)
- Texas (Central Time Zone)
- Wisconsin (Central Time Zone)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights weekends and holidays
- 1+ years of previous guest experience or customer service experience
- Ability to interact with guests team members and internal business partners with a professional friendly empathetic style and deescalate as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including listening negotiating and decision making skills. Experience dealing with escalated guest complaints
- Ability to use various information sources to answer questions identify problems and appropriately resolve guest issues
- Strong technical skills ability to work within multiple systems and high proficiency with PC/Microsoft applications
- Access to a Home work space that is clear of noise distractions to perform the role
- Hardwired internet in your home location (Hardwired: using an Ethernet cable to directly connect the Target-issued computer to the modem or router)
- Meet the minimum bandwidth requirement of 40mbps download/5mbps upload
- Ability to engage via a Target issued web camera for required meetings trainings and/or interactions
- Ability to safely lift and carry up to 25 pounds of equipment
Additional Home Based requirements:
- From time to time and upon request you may be required to complete an internet speed test and email a picture of your speed test result to your leader.
- You will be required to deactivate wireless capability when using Target equipment during your work hours.
- You will be required to save emergency and work telephone numbers (not including online resources) and other required notices in a conspicuous spot in your home workspace.
- If there are lengthy disruptions to your power or internet service you will be required to follow specific Target processes which may include taking unpaid time off if applicable.
- You will take reasonable care to prevent unauthorized disclosure of or access to Target property or information by others in the home worksite.
- You must log off or lock your Target issued computer when you are away from your workspace.
- Target-issued equipment can only be used for Target business purposes and printing and/or storing proprietary information is not allowed.
- You must keep your workspace free from any personal cell phones tablets or other such devices (especially video and audio recording devices).
- You must maintain Target’s dress code expectations while working from home.
- You must maintain only one designated work location.
- You must use the surge protector that will be provided with your Target-issued equipment.
- You will not be reimbursed for any home office costs such as internet office supplies or desk furniture.
- You are expected to follow Target’s “Ergonomics in the Workplace” document when setting up your workspace and to ensure a safe work environment.
- You should have a working smoke detector in or near the workspace.
- You should have a first aid kit accessible near the workspace.
- You will be expected to set up all issued Target equipment in your home workspace.**
- You will be expected to disassemble and return all Target issued equipment as directed by your leader upon request and/or upon the ending of your role.**
By submitting an application you acknowledge that you can meet all the above listed requirements
**Target will provide a reasonable accommodation to a qualified team member with a disability that prevents them from meeting this requirement consistent with applicable law. If you believe you require an accommodation please inform TA so that we can engage in a conversation to discuss possible accommodations. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.