Job Responsibilities : Leave of Absence Specialist- Remote Employee
Salary : $17 per hour
Company : T-Mobile
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing in an articulate thorough responsive manner. Demonstrated skill in written correspondence both through e-mail and formal letter writing.
- Strong attention to detail and passion for high-quality work product..
- Reviews and enters exception time into our timekeeping system based on established leave related policies.
- Researches leave of absence dates with vendor to ensure accurate payment while the employee is on a leave of absence.
- Compiles leave of absence claim history for Legal related inquiries.
- Reviews completes and submits state disability forms for employees to the state specific disability program.
- Manages Zendesk tickets to trouble shoot employees’ questions related to leave and exception time return to work issues data corrections and other leave and pay related questions.
- Communicates with our vendor employees managers and HR regarding leave of absence related decisions.
- Periodically audits claim leave start and end dates across multiple systems to ensure data accuracy.
- Manages difficult situations with a professional and ethical demeanor (for example escalations fraud and guidance on employee action EEOC or legal investigations).
- Evaluates and applies federal and state legislation to T-Mobile practices and expertise to build trusted relationship with HR or field partners.
- Ensures accurate LOA status in HR Timekeeping and Payroll databases.
- Provides effective service consultation and resolution of employee relation inquiries involving exception time while on leave including workers’ compensation complex FMLA matters and leaves related to federal/state and local regulations.
- Regularly consults with T-Mobile’s HR partners to ensure consistent application of exception time while on leave. Provide timely research and response to medium to high-level complex inquiries.
- Interacts with various internal and external partners including disability vendors medical community payroll compensation/commissions legal workplace relations workers compensation loss prevention and others to ensure timely processing of LOA requests.
- Advises management of trends problems as well as recommended course of action.
- Communicates effectively with our vendor to ensure accuracy of data and claim determination.