Job Responsibilities : STORE MERCHANDISER
Salary : $46000 Per Year
Company : Dollar General
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Responsible for the management of and training for the execution of store merchandising for new store relocation and remodel projects.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and manages execution of new relocating and remodel store fixture installation and merchandise setup (including management of outsource companies and implementation of plan-o-grams signage etc).
- Evaluates and resolves issues reacting under pressure and applying good judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Leverages resources and maintains tough expense control by maximizing performance and productivity of outsource companies and store staff to deliver on-time openings.
- Trains store staff (temporary and newly-hired) on appropriate merchandising processes.
- Develops and maintains strong internal corporate partnerships to ensure that all project goals are achieved. (Examples: transportation advertising distribution merchandising etc).
- Completes all reports and travel expenses accurately and timely.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Strong knowledge of retail operations and merchandising systems
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong ability to meet deadlines
Exceptional attention to detail
Ability to read and implement plan-o-grams
Ability to work under very minimal supervision
Ability to travel consistently away from home two weeks at a time
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school education or equivalent required. Two to three years of retail experience required. Staff management experience required. Previous merchandise experience preferred.
Salary Target $46380
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.