Job Responsibilities : Sr Software Engineer
Salary : $129,150 – $173,250 a year
Company : Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Location : Remote US
The Messaging Platform at Disney Streaming powers all communications to users across Disney+ Hulu ESPN+ and Star+. With the volume of users across these streaming applications our team is uniquely positioned to design build and maintain a feature-rich robust platform that scales for high volumes of traffic. Our platform consists of various Java systems fully deployed in AWS across multiple regions leveraging modern tools and design principles.
Emails push notifications in-app messages and SMS texts originate without our platform to support critical user flows standard business operations and marketing/promotional campaigns. At the highest level our Messaging domain includes message template creation/management hydrating messages with static and dynamic content per recipient the delivery of messages and exposing the lifecycle of each message so that other teams can understand the effectiveness of the communications they trigger through our platform.
The Messaging East Coast team is looking for an enthusiastic team player to fill our lead engineer role where you will design build and maintain systems with other experienced engineers while also mentoring less seasoned engineers on the team. We are a collaborative group that meets challenges with fervor striving for engineering excellence in a supportive and fun environment.
- Leverage your breadth of experience & knowledge to design document build deploy and maintain stable backend platform features efficiently with little guidance
- Impactful contributions to design discussions code reviews and establishing best practices for all stages of the software development life cycle
- Precise and concise communication of technical concepts and designs
- Nurture the technical development of teammates with guidance design discussions and pair programming
- Foster a supportive and collaborative environment both within and across teams
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a software engineer developing various web services backends
- Solid grasp of backend concepts (Synchronous and Event-Driven Architectures Databases & Caching High Performance & Scalability Test Pyramid CI/CD)
- Strong Java and Object-Oriented programming skills
- Solid grasp of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures algorithms etc.)
- Ability to own and carry out a project from requirements gathering to design implementation and delivery with little guidance
- A drive to collaborate with other engineers: coming to conversations with your own ideas and an openness to input and suggestions
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with a variety of AWS offerings including serverless technologies such as Lambda DynamoDB Kinesis S3 Athena CloudWatch CloudFormation Fargate
- Experience building event-driven systems
This position can be worked Hybrid from our location in NYC NY or Remotely in Central or East Coast Time Zones.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $129150 to $173250.00 per year however base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region internal equity job-related knowledge skills and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package in addition to a full range of medical financial and/or other benefits dependent on the level and position offered.